What is Alfatradiol?
Alfatradiol, also known as 17α-estradiol, is used topically on the scalp to treat androgenic alopecia or pattern baldness.
What are the uses of this medicine?
Alfatradiol is used to treat pattern hair loss, such as androgenic alopecia or pattern baldness.
How does this medicine work?
Who Should Not Use this medicine?
Pregnant women, lactating women, and anyone under the age of 18 should not use this medicine.
Is this medicine FDA approved?
It is not FDA approved in the United States but was approved in other countries under various brand names
- Avixis by Galdermaa approved in Argentina; Galderma, Peru; Galderma, Paraguay; Galderma, Uruguay; Galderma, Mexico
- Ell-Cranell, by Galderma approved in Germany
- Pantostin by Georg Simons approved in Germany
How should this medicine be used?
This medicine is used topically on the scalp and must be applied over a long period of time to prevent further hair loss.
What are the dosage forms and brand names of this medicine?
Alfatradiol is sold under the brand names Avicis, Avixis, Ell-Cranell Alpha, and Pantostin. Dosage depends on brand and your condition. Follow the dosage instructions on the package.
What side effects can this medication cause?
The ethanol in this drug solution may cause local burning or itching. This solution can cause sebum production.
What special precautions should I follow?
Inform your doctor about any medications, over-the-counter productions (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements), allergies, pre-existing and current health conditions before using Alfatradiol. Some health conditions might impact the effects of the drug, so consult your doctor before starting this medication. Inform you doctor if your condition persists or worsens.
What to do in case of emergency/overdose?
- In case of overdose, call the poison control helpline of your country. In the United States, call 1-800-222-1222.
- Overdose related information is also available online at poisonhelp.org/help.
- In the event that the victim has collapsed, had a seizure, has trouble breathing, or can't be awakened, immediately call emergency services. In the United States, call 911.
Can this medicine be used in pregnancy?
This medication is not recommended for pregnant or lactating women.
Can this medicine be used in children?
This medication is not recommended for patients under 18 years of age.
Cost and Coupons - Alfatradiol
- GoodRx compare cost & coupons for Alfatradiol
- Find the lowest cost of Alfatradiol
- Search for Coupons for Alfatradiol
Reviews for Alfatradiol
Learn more about Alfatradiol
- Dailymed label info
- Scientific articles
- Drug portal Alfatradiol
- toxicity info on Alfatradiol
- FDA Alfatradiol