Jump to navigation Jump to search
Fun facts about aam or mango:
- Mangoes are native to southern Asia, particularly eastern India, Myanmar (formerly Burma), and the Andaman Islands.
- Mangoes have been loved since Ancient times and cultivated for at least 4,000 years.
- India is the largest producer world-wide of mangos.
- One cup of mangos is just 100 calories, so it’s a sweet treat that won’t weigh you down.
- Each serving of mango is fat free, sodium free, and cholesterol free.
- The timber of the mango tree is used for boats, flooring, furniture and other applications.
- In India, flour is made from mango seeds. Seeds are also eaten during periods of food shortages.
- The first mango was cultivated in Florida in 1833, which is the largest US producer.
|Food Portal | Food | Indian food|
NB:Carbohydrate, by difference(total carbs-fiber) is also called net carbs