What is Capmatinib?
What are the uses of this medicine?
This medicine is indicated to treat adults with a kind of lung cancer called non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) that:
- has spread to other parts of the body or cannot be removed by surgery (metastatic), and
- whose tumors have an abnormal mesenchymal epithelial transition (MET) gene
How does this medicine work?
- An orally bioavailable inhibitor of the proto-oncogene c-Met (also known as hepatocyte growth factor receptor (HGFR)) with potential antineoplastic activity.
- Capmatinib selectively binds to c-Met, thereby inhibiting c-Met phosphorylation and disrupting c-Met signal transduction pathways.
- This may induce cell death in tumor cells overexpressing c-Met protein or expressing constitutively activated c-Met protein.
- c-Met, a receptor tyrosine kinase overexpressed or mutated in many tumor cell types, plays key roles in tumor cell proliferation, survival, invasion, metastasis, and tumor angiogenesis.
Who Should Not Use this medicine ?
- This medication have no usage limitations.
What drug interactions can this medicine cause?
- Avoid Coadministration of TABRECTA with a strong CYP3A inhibitor.
- Avoid Coadministration of TABRECTA with a strong CYP3A inducer.
Is this medicine FDA approved?
- It was approved for use in the United States in 2020.
How should this medicine be used?
Select patients for treatment with TABRECTA based on presence of a mutation that leads to MET exon 14 skipping.
- 400 mg orally twice daily with or without food.
- Take TABRECTA exactly as your healthcare provider tells you.
- Take TABRECTA 2 times a day with or without food.
- Swallow TABRECTA tablets whole. Do not break, chew, or crush TABRECTA tablets.
- Your healthcare provider may change your dose, temporarily stop, or permanently stop treatment with TABRECTA if you have certain side effects.
- Do not change your dose or stop taking TABRECTA unless your healthcare provider tells you to.
- If you miss or vomit a dose of TABRECTA, do not make up the dose. Take your next dose at your regular scheduled time.
What are the dosage forms and brand names of this medicine?
This medicine is available in fallowing doasage form:
- As Tablets: 150 mg and 200 mg
This medicine is available in fallowing brand namesː
What side effects can this medication cause?
Common possible side effects and laboratory abnormalities of this medicine include:
- swelling of your hands or feet
- tiredness and weakness
- loss of appetite
- changes in certain blood test
TABRECTA may cause serious side effects, including:
- lung or breathing problems
- liver problems
- risk of sensitivity to sunlight (photosensitivity)
What special precautions should I follow?
- Monitor for new or worsening pulmonary symptoms indicative of ILD/pneumonitis. Permanently discontinue TABRECTA in patients with ILD/pneumonitis.
- May cause hepatotoxicity Monitor liver function tests. Withhold, dose reduce, or permanently discontinue TABRECTA based on severity.
- This medicine may cause photosensitivity reactions. Advise patients to limit direct ultraviolet exposure.
- Advise patients of the potential risk to a fetus and to use effective contraception.
What to do in case of emergency/overdose?
- In case of overdose, call the poison control helpline of your country. In the United States, call 1-800-222-1222.
- Overdose related information is also available online at poisonhelp.org/help.
- In the event that the victim has collapsed, had a seizure, has trouble breathing, or can't be awakened, immediately call emergency services. In the United States, call 911.
Can this medicine be used in pregnancy?
- TABRECTA can cause fetal harm when administered to a pregnant woman.
- There are no available data on TABRECTA use in pregnant women.
Can this medicine be used in children?
- Safety and effectiveness of TABRECTA in pediatric patients have not been established.
What should I know about storage and disposal of this medication?
- Dispense in the original package with the desiccant cartridge. Store at 20˚C to 25˚C (68˚F to 77˚F), excursions permitted between 15˚C and 30˚C (59˚F and 86˚F).
- Protect from moisture.
- Discard any unused TABRECTA remaining after 6 weeks of first opening the bottle.
Cost and Coupons - Capmatinib
- GoodRx compare cost & coupons for Capmatinib
- Find the lowest cost of Capmatinib
- Search for Coupons for Capmatinib
Reviews for Capmatinib
Learn more about Capmatinib
- Dailymed label info
- Scientific articles
- Drug portal Capmatinib
- toxicity info on Capmatinib
- FDA Capmatinib