Cardiophysics is an interdisciplinary science that stands at the junction of cardiology and biophysics, with researchers using the methods of, and theories from, physics to study cardiovascular system at different levels of its organisation, from the molecular scale to whole organisms. Being formed historically as part of systems biology, cardiophysics designed to reveal connections between the physical mechanisms, underlying the organization of the cardiovascular system, and biological features of its functioning.
One can use interchangeably also the terms cardiovascular physics.
- Biomedical engineering
- Important publications in medical physics
- Medical biophysics
- Bioelectric Information Processing Laboratory of the Institute for Information Transmission Problems RAS.
- The Group of Experimental and Clinical Cardiology in the Laboratory of Physiology of emotion, Research Institute of normal physiology by AnokhinTemplate:Ref-ru RAMS
- Oxford Cardiac Electrophysiology Group, led many years already by Prof. Denis Noble
- Cardiac Biophysics and Systems Biology group of National Heart & Lung Institute of Imperial College London
- Group of Nonlinear Dynamics & Cardiovascular PhysicsTemplate:Ref-de of the 1st Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences in the Institute of Physics of Humboldt University of Berlin