Chester County Lose Weight
Chester County in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania has a population of 498,886 as of 2010 census with the county seat in West Chester. Chester County was one of the three initial Pennsylvania counties created by William Penn in 1682 and is named after Chester, England. Although Chester County has the highest-income for any county in Pennsylvania and 24th highest in the territory as measured by median household income (as of 2010), it still has significant proportion of the population dealing with being overweight or obese. Over the past twenty years, the rate of people that are obese or overweight has increased dramatically.
- 1 Obesity statistics, Chester County, Pennsylvania
- 2 Obesity epidemic in Pennsylvania
- 3 Obesity and overweight rates in Pennsylvania
- 4 What went wrong with our diet?
- 5 Ted Talks: Why blaming the obese is blaming the victim?
- 6 Obesity rates by race in Pennsylvania
- 7 Obesity in Minorities in Pennsylvania
- 8 Childhood obesity statistics for Pennsylvania
- 9 County Rankings for Obesity in PA
- 10 Causes of weight gain in Chester County, Pennsylvania
- 11 Weight loss options in Chester County, Pennsylvania
- 12 Obesity trends
- 13 Secret for losing weight
- 14 Chester County, Pennsylvania weight loss doctor
- 15 Chester County, Pennsylvania weight loss clinics
- 16 How Can W8MD Help?
- 17 W8MD weight loss, sleep and medspa center locations
- 18 Lose weight in Chester County, Pennsylvania from home
- 19 Physicians join W8MD network of weight loss physicians
- 20 Insurances for weight in Chester County, Pennsylvania
- 21 Diet for weight loss in Chester County, Pennsylvania
- 22 Exercises for weight loss in Chester County, Pennsylvania
- 23 Weight loss medications
- 24 New weight loss medications Qsymia and Belviq
- 25 Before and after weight loss pictures Chester County, Pennsylvania
- 26 Videos for weight loss Chester County, Pennsylvania
- 27 Fast weight loss options Chester County, Pennsylvania
- 28 Insurance weight loss limited appoints available for weight loss
- 29 World's best way to lose weight from home
- 30 Telemedicine weight loss and behavior coaching is here
- 31 How does the telemedicine weight loss coaching work?
- 32 Why choose W8MD telemedicine behavior coaching
- 33 Municipalities in Chester County, PA
- 34 Sponsors
- 35 Need help losing weight?
- 36 Follow weight loss and wellness on social media
Obesity statistics, Chester County, Pennsylvania
- 55% of mature persons report that they are overweight
- 20% report that they are obese
Approximately 39% of Chester County reported that they were told to lose weight.
Obesity epidemic in Pennsylvania
About fifteen years ago, it was ranked the 13th most obese state with an overall rate of 16.2% obesity.
By 2011, Pennsylvania was ranked the 19th most obese state in America with an obesity rate of 28.5%.
Obesity and overweight rates in Pennsylvania
When you combine the rates for people who are in the overweight category with those who are actually obese, there is a total of 64.7% of their population in danger of an increased risk of life-threatening health conditions.
What went wrong with our diet?
Instead of blaming the victim for obesity, or yourself for obesity, it is important to understand what drives the weight gain, such as insulin resistance that affects up to 71 percent of the entire population out of which 35 percent already have metabolic syndrome.
With over 20,000 books written on this topic with so much misleading information, let a trained practicing weight loss physician, Dr Prab R. Tumpati,MD educate you on the true science and art of obesity medicine.
Why the food pyramid failed?
Metabolic starvation in the obese
Most people that gain weight are not on a mission to gain weight intentionally. It is the paradoxical metabolic starvation that happens in the obese due to insulin resistance with a compensatory increase in the anabolic hormone called insulin that drives weight gain, hunger and metabolic starvation leading to food cravings, and weight gain!
3 things wrong with our diet | How insulin resistance causes weight gain? | Causes of weight gain | Skin tags and insulin resistance | Sugar rush and crash | How to lose weight? | Weight loss information
Ted Talks: Why blaming the obese is blaming the victim?
Obesity rates by race in Pennsylvania
Their total population is 12,702,379 (U. S. Census 2010), which means over 8 million people are dealing with being overweight.
Obesity in Minorities in Pennsylvania
- 39.4% obese rates among Blacks,
- 34.5% among Latinos, and
- 27.7% among Whites.
Childhood obesity statistics for Pennsylvania
Approximately 22% of the population is under the age of 18, and as of 2007, 15% of those children and teens, age 10 to 17, were considered obese. This means that up to 400,000 young people may be at risk of developing serious medical conditions. These Pennsylvania obesity statistics are reported in F as in Fat from the Trust for America’s Health and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, using state and national public health statistical data.
County Rankings for Obesity in PA
According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in 2008, the county with the highest rate of obesity was Blair County at 33.6%, while Chester was the lowest at 22.1%. In addition, the following counties were over 30% obese levels: Cambria, Clarion, Clearfield, Columbia, Dauphin, Fayette, Juniata, Mifflin, Philadelphia, Pike, Schuylkill, Snyder, Somerset, Sullivan, Tioga, Venango, Washington, Wyoming, and York counties.
- Diabetes rates were highest in Fayette County with a rate of 10.7%. The lowest rate of diabetes was in Berks County at 7%.
- Greene County was the least active, and Chester County reports the most active people.
Causes of weight gain in Chester County, Pennsylvania
The top causes of weight gain in Chester County, Pennsylvania include the following:
- Insulin resistance - use this free w8md medical weight loss centers of America's tool to check if you might be insulin resistant that causes your weight gain, especially in the tummy!
- Eating disorders are a common cause of weight gain in Chester County, Pennsylvania and other parts of the United States.
- Sleep disorders and weight gain are bidirectionally related where sleep problems lead to weight gain and weight gain in turn leads to sleep problems.
- Nutritional deficiencies are an important cause of weight gain in Chester County, Pennsylvania.
- Hormonal imbalances can also cause weight gain.
- Stress related weight gain
- Genetic factors for excess weight gain
- Medication related weight gain
- other causes for weight gain in Chester County, Pennsylvania
Weight loss options in Chester County, Pennsylvania
- Weight loss medications - watch this youtube video on the review of the best weight loss medications for fast weight loss in Chester County, Pennsylvania
- Physical Activity for weight loss which only works in combination with diet as exercise on its own is shown to be pretty useless for weight loss since exercise stimulates appetite and builds heavier muscle tissue thereby negating any weight loss with calories burned. However, a combination of low calorie diet and exercise, or diet alone would work for weight loss but not exercise alone.
- Correction of insulin resistance, metabolic, sleep and other causes for weight gain in Chester County, Pennsylvania for fast and effective weight loss.
- Surgical options for losing weight such as the gastric bypass surgery can be an option for some to lose weight in Chester County, Pennsylvania although most might regain the weight even after surgery and a behavior weight loss program is still needed for long term weight loss success in Chester County, Pennsylvania.
Chester County, Pennsylvania weight loss doctor
Dr. Prab R. Tumpati, is a board certified physician with experience and training in the field of obesity medicine in addition to training in sleep medicine and internal medicine. As the founder of WikiMD, and W8MD medical weight loss centers of America, Dr. Tumpati is familiar with the concepts, science, and art of weight loss medicine. Physicians practicing in Chester County, Pennsylvania interested in adding a W8MD medical weight loss program are welcome. Using telemedicine for weight loss for remote areas to provide obesity counseling and dietary, and weight loss coaching is a true miracle for many struggling to lose weight.
Chester County, Pennsylvania weight loss clinics
W8MD medical weight loss centers of America is a physician supervised, non-surgical, evidence based weight loss and wellness program with offices in many states in the United States. W8MD offers a telemedicine weight loss solution for your convenience.
How Can W8MD Help?
W8MD’s insurance physician weight loss program is unique in many ways with a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to weight loss that addresses all the complex issues leading to weight gain, both in adults and children. Since its inception in 2011, W8MD has successfully helped thousands of patients succeed in not only losing weight but also keep it off with an ongoing maintenance plan.
Sleep medicine program uses state of the art technology including the convenient home sleep studies or in lab sleep diagnostic studies to diagnose and treat over 80 different sleep disorders including sleep apnea, narcolepsy, restless leg syndrome, insomnia to name a few. Learn more…
Medical aesthetic program offers a wide variety of advanced laser skin treatments including oxygen super facials, photofacials, microneedling, PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) therapy, non-ablative laser skin resurfacing,botox, fillers and aesthetic treatments. The variety of technology and technique, combined with knowledgeable staff, allows doctors to customize treatment plans to each patient. One-size-fits-all procedures are not performed at W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & Aesthetic Centers. Learn more…
IM and IV nutrition therapy includes booster shots for B12, vitamin B complex, Vitamin C, Detox treatments and IV nutrition therapy. Studies have shown that as many as 39% of those taking vitamins on a regular basis in a nursing home setting were not absorbing the same vitamins they are taking by mouth leading to significant deficiencies. Learn more…
W8MD weight loss, sleep and medspa center locations
- NE Philadelphia weight loss, sleep and medspa at 1718 Welsh Road, 2nd Floor, Ste C Philadelphia PA, 19115
- Wayne (King of Prussia weight loss) at 987 Old Eagle School Road, Building K, Ste 712, Wayne PA 19087
- New York city weight loss, Sleep & MedSpa - 2632 E 21st Street Ste L2 Brooklyn New York 11235.
- Manhattan weight loss, sleep and MedSpa - 401 E. 55th Street New York New York 10022.
Call 718-946-5500 for either location.
- NJ weight loss, sleep and medical spa in New Jersey at Cherry Hill, NJ at 140 E. Evesham Road, Cherry Hill, NJ 08003.
Lose weight in Chester County, Pennsylvania from home
W8MD currently offers a convenient and very affordable telemedicine weight loss solution with certain limitations. Visit W8MD medical weight loss centers for more information.
Physicians join W8MD network of weight loss physicians
W8MD welcomes Chester County, Pennsylvania physicians to join W8MD network of weight loss physicians and the unique W8MD medical weight loss centers of America's program at your medical office or clinic.
W8MD weight loss physicians understand the factors that lead to weight gain including hormonal(insulin resistance), social, environmental and genetic factors and work with each patient individually to help design a customized weight loss plan that suits their individual needs.
Insurances for weight in Chester County, Pennsylvania
As the 2010 health care law or Affordable Care Act, popularly called Obamacare, mandates health insurance coverage for obesity as it is considered a preventable medical problem. If you are a physician interested in adding a medical weight loss program, W8MD medical weight loss program welcomes other weight loss physicians to join W8MD network of weight loss physicians.
Diet for weight loss in Chester County, Pennsylvania
One of the best ways to lose weight in Chester County, Pennsylvania or other places safely and effectively is to consider a very low calorie diet of 800 calories with either complete or partial meal replacement using specially manufactured meal replacement weight loss supplements such as the vlcd diet from w8md medical weight loss centers of America. Understand the 5 clinically proven measures to lose weight in Philadelphia including low calorie and very low calorie diets.
Exercises for weight loss in Chester County, Pennsylvania
Although exercise and Physical Activity is important for losing weight fast in Chester County, Pennsylvania, it is important to understand it only works if used in combination with a reduced calorie diet for weight loss. Research shows that for exercise-and-weight-loss/ weight loss, exercise alone is not a very useful tool for weight loss as exercise has a stimulating effect on weight loss, and it builds heavier muscle thereby compensating for any weight loss with burning of calories with exercise. Understand the role of exercise for weight loss in this youtube video from 52 weeks of weight loss and wellness video series.
Weight loss medications
In 2012, the FDA approved two new weight loss medications Qsymia and Belviq after years of rejecting many other weight loss medications. There are other traditional and time tested weight loss medications such as Phentermine, Phendimetrazine etc.
What works and what does not for losing weight?
Before and after weight loss pictures Chester County, Pennsylvania
Check the testimonials, before and after weight loss pictures and reviews of W8MD medical weight loss program
* Individual results may vary!
Videos for weight loss Chester County, Pennsylvania
Weight loss videos
Fast weight loss options Chester County, Pennsylvania
These are the fast and effective weight loss options for losing weight in Chester County, Pennsylvania.
1. FDA approved weight loss medications
3. Exercise for weight loss
Insurance weight loss limited appoints available for weight loss
As one of the few medical weight loss centers in Greater Philadelphia area with 3 convenient locations for weight loss, W8MD medical weight loss centers offers comprehensive physician weight loss consultations for fast and effective weight loss. Due to the overwhelming demand, the appointments do get booked up fast and you can reserve your weight loss appointment now online
World's best way to lose weight from home
Telemedicine weight loss and behavior coaching is here
For a limited number of patients, W8MD is proud to offer a 50 percent discount on the weight loss behavior coaching signup fee! The normal cost of weight loss consultation is $300.00. With the introductory 50% discount, you only pay $150.00. This offer is valid for a limited time and for a limited number of slots which get filled very fast.
How does the telemedicine weight loss coaching work?
- Step 1. The process is simple, make a Telemedicine weight loss appointment on any day at any location on an available slot.
- Step 2. Our staff will call you to confirm, and when they call you, please state you want a telemedicine weight loss appointment and a preferred time and two telephone numbers. It does not matter which available slot you choose or which physical location - Our physicians will call you at the time you choose, from the location you choose. The slot is just a way to block the time for the weight loss physician so they will that time to do the telemedicine weight loss behavior coaching for you.
- Step 3. Start losing weight with no stigmas, no wait in the doctors office, and no hassle! No surgery, No prescriptions, just dietary instructions, behavior coaching, and secrets of weight loss revealed by a trained weight loss physician and behavior coach!
Why choose W8MD telemedicine behavior coaching
Unlike other non-physician on the TV meals or other programs with fad diets, you get to speak with real weight loss physicians that understand the true causes of weight gain including insulin resistance and other factors. We can offer personalized meal plans, partial meal replacements when needed for effective weight loss. What have you got to lose besides your weight? This metabolic weight loss program is for those that tried everything else and just need an experienced weight loss doctor to explain what really is causing their weight gain and help them put on a path to a successful weight loss!
Limited time offer: The fee will be $150.00 for consultation, and $100.00 for follow up with the weight loss physician at this time. This is the one of a kind metabolic telehealth program designed to address insulin resistance that affects up to 71% of the population leading to metabolic syndrome and weight gain. Please note that this unique service may not be available in all states, countries or territories. No prescription weight loss medications can be offered without an in person evaluation. Call 1-800-W8MD-007 to learn more.
- Pennsylvania weight loss
- Philadelphia weight loss
- Bucks County Lose Weight
- Chester County Lose Weight
- obesity in United States
- County obesity rates United States
- Causes of weight gain
- Metabolic syndrome
- Proven measures for losing weight
Municipalities in Chester County, PA
Boroughs in Chester County, PA
Townships in Chester County, PA
Census-designated places in Chester County, PA
Need help losing weight?
Weight loss services