Connecticut weight loss
- 1 Adult Overweight and Obesity
- 2 Adolescent Overweight and Obesity
- 3 Child Overweight and Obesity
- 4 What went wrong with our diet?
- 5 Prevalence of obesity in counties of Connecticut
- 6 Causes of weight gain in Connecticut
- 7 What’s causing your weight gain? - Connecticut weight loss
- 8 Could insulin resistance explain your weight gain?
- 9 What really causes your weight gain?
- 10 STOP Blaming The Victim For Obesity
- 11 Is low vitamin D due to unhealthy belly fat?
- 12 Weight loss options in Connecticut
- 13 Connecticut weight loss doctor
- 14 Sponsors
- 15 Tired of being overweight?
- 16 Medical weight loss
- 17 Connecticut weight loss clinics
- 18 Insurances for weight
- 19 Diet for weight loss in Connecticut
- 20 Exercises for weight loss in Connecticut
- 21 Medications for weight loss in Connecticut
- 22 Weight loss medications
- 23 New weight loss medications Qsymia and Belviq
- 24 Before and after weight loss pictures Connecticut
- 25 Videos for weight loss Connecticut
- 26 Fast weight loss options Connecticut
- 27 Telemedicine for weight loss
- 28 Need help losing weight?
- 29 Follow weight loss and wellness on social media
Adult Overweight and Obesity
Among Connecticut’s adults age 18 and over
- 59.6% were overweight, with a Body Mass Index of 25 or greater
- 22.5% were obese, with a Body Mass Index of 30 or greater
Adolescent Overweight and Obesity
Among Connecticut’s adolescents in grades 9 through 12
- 14.5% were overweight (≥ 85th and < 95th percentiles for BMI by age and sex)
- 10.4% were obese (≥95th percentile BMI by age and sex)
Child Overweight and Obesity
Among Connecticut’s children aged 2 years to less than 5 years
- 14.9% were overweight (85th to < 95th percentile BMI-for-Age)
- 15.8 % were obese (≥ 95th percentile BMI-for-Age)
What went wrong with our diet?
Instead of blaming the victim for obesity, or yourself for obesity, it is important to understand what drives the weight gain, such as insulin resistance that affects up to 71 percent of the entire population out of which 35 percent already have metabolic syndrome.
With over 20,000 books written on this topic with so much misleading information, let a trained practicing weight loss physician, Dr Prab R. Tumpati,MD educate you on the true science and art of obesity medicine.
Why the food pyramid failed?
Metabolic starvation in the obese
Most people that gain weight are not on a mission to gain weight intentionally. It is the paradoxical metabolic starvation that happens in the obese due to insulin resistance with a compensatory increase in the anabolic hormone called insulin that drives weight gain, hunger and metabolic starvation leading to food cravings, and weight gain!
Ted Talks: Why blaming the obese is blaming the victim?
Prevalence of obesity in counties of Connecticut
class="wikitable sortable" |- | Colorado||Weld County Obesity||27.1||26.8||24.2||24 |- | Colorado||Yuma County Obesity||26.4||26.3||23.8||23.6 |- | Connecticut||Fairfield County Obesity||20.2||19.8||17||16.5 |- | Connecticut||Hartford County Obesity||25.7||25.4||23.7||23.2 |- | Connecticut||Litchfield County Obesity||23.6||23||20.3||19.1 |- | Connecticut||Middlesex County Obesity||26.4||25.9||21.5||20.6 |- | Connecticut||New Haven County Obesity||28.9||28.6||26||25.5 |- | Connecticut||New London County Obesity||26.2||25.7||23.7||23.2 |- | Connecticut||Tolland County Obesity||25.8||25.3||20.9||20.4 |- | Connecticut||Windham County Obesity||32.6||32.2||27.5||26.7 |}
Causes of weight gain in Connecticut
What’s causing your weight gain? - Connecticut weight loss
- Up to 70 percent of the population in the United States deals with being overweight or obese
- 35 percent of all adults, according to Centers for Disease Control (CDC) are prediabetic and have significant insulin resistance while another 36 percent have some signs of insulin resistance
- Diabetes has increased by over 500 percent in the last 50 years or so and now affects 8 percent of the population.
Could insulin resistance explain your weight gain?
What really causes your weight gain?
STOP Blaming The Victim For Obesity
Is low vitamin D due to unhealthy belly fat?
The top causes of weight gain in Connecticut include the following:
- Insulin resistance - use this free w8md medical weight loss centers of America's tool to check if you might be insulin resistant that causes your weight gain, especially in the tummy!
- Eating disorders are a common cause of weight gain in Connecticut and other parts of the United States.
- Sleep disorders and weight gain are bidirectionally related where sleep problems lead to weight gain and weight gain in turn leads to sleep problems.
- Nutritional deficiencies are an important cause of weight gain in Connecticut.
- Hormonal imbalances can also cause weight gain.
- Stress related weight gain
- Genetic factors for excess weight gain
- Medication related weight gain
- other causes for weight gain in Connecticut
Weight loss options in Connecticut
- Weight loss medications - watch this youtube video on the review of the best weight loss medications for fast weight loss in Connecticut
- Physical activity for weight loss which only works in combination with diet as exercise on its own is shown to be pretty useless for weight loss since exercise stimulates appetite and builds heavier muscle tissue thereby negating any weight loss with calories burned. However, a combination of low calorie diet and exercise, or diet alone would work for weight loss but not exercise alone.
- Correction of insulin resistance, metabolic, sleep and other causes for weight gain in Connecticut for fast and effective weight loss.
- Surgical options for weight loss such as the gastric bypass surgery can be an option for some to lose weight in Connecticut although most might regain the weight even after surgery and a behavior weight loss program is still needed for long term weight loss success in Connecticut.
Connecticut weight loss doctor
Dr. Prab R. Tumpati, is a board certified physician with experience and training in the field of obesity medicine in addition to training in sleep medicine and internal medicine. As the founder of WikiMD, and W8MD medical weight loss centers of America, Dr. Tumpati is familiar with the concepts, science, and art of weight loss medicine. Physicians practicing in Connecticut interested in adding a W8MD medical weight loss program are welcome. Using telemedicine for weight loss for remote areas to provide obesity counseling and dietary, and weight loss coaching is a true miracle for many struggling to lose weight.
Tired of being overweight?
W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & Medspa
1718 Welsh Road, 2nd Floor, Ste C Philadelphia PA, 19115
987 Old Eagle School Road, Building K, Ste 712, Wayne PA 19087
2632 E 21st Street Ste L2 Brooklyn New York 11235.
140 E. Evesham Road, Cherry Hill, NJ 08003.
W8MD can help?
Get rid of the pandemic weight
Think W8MD for weight loss.
Connecticut weight loss clinics
W8MD medical weight loss centers of America is a physician supervised, non-surgical, evidence based weight loss and wellness program with offices in many states in the United States. Unlike the many "Cash Only" weight loss centers, most w8md medical weight loss centers do accept health insurance for the weight loss physician visits.
Fee for service weight loss center W8MD Medical Weight Loss Center at Optimal Health, 111 High Ridge Rd, Stamford, CT 06905. Ph: 203-348-8805 Fax: 203-348-6398. E-mail This Center is Fee For Service.
W8MD weight loss physicians understand the factors that lead to weight gain including hormonal(insulin resistance), social, environmental and genetic factors and work with each patient individually to help design a customized weight loss plan that suits their individual needs.
Insurances for weight
As the 2010 health care law or the Affordable Care Act, popularly called Obamacare, mandates health insurance coverage for obesity as it is considered a preventable medical problem. The only problem is that most medical weight loss programs may not accept health insurance although there are exceptions such as W8MD medical weight loss centers of America.
Diet for weight loss in Connecticut
One of the best ways to lose weight in Connecticut or other places safely and effectively is to consider a very low calorie diet of 800 calories with either complete or partial meal replacement using specially manufactured meal replacement weight loss supplements such as the vlcd diet from w8md medical weight loss centers of America. Understand the 5 clinically proven measures to lose weight in Philadelphia including low calorie and very low calorie diets.
Exercises for weight loss in Connecticut
Although exercise and physical activity is important for losing weight fast in Connecticut, it is important to understand it only works if used in combination with a reduced calorie diet for weight loss. Research shows that for weight loss, exercise alone is not a very useful tool for weight loss as exercise has a stimulating effect on weight loss, and it builds heavier muscle thereby compensating for any weight loss with burning of calories with exercise. Understand the role of exercise for weight loss in this youtube video from 52 weeks of weight loss and wellness video series.
Medications for weight loss in Connecticut
Weight loss medications
Since 2012, the FDA approved many new weight loss medications such as Qsymia, Saxenda, Contrave after years of rejecting many other weight loss medications. There are other traditional and time tested weight loss medications such as Phentermine, Phendimetrazine etc.
What works and what does not for losing weight?
Learn about the best weight loss medication for fast and effective weight loss in Connecticut.
Before and after weight loss pictures Connecticut
Check the testimonials, before and after weight loss pictures and reviews of W8MD medical weight loss program
* Individual results may vary!
Videos for weight loss Connecticut
Weight loss videos
Fast weight loss options Connecticut
These are the fast and effective weight loss options for losing weight in Connecticut.
1. FDA approved weight loss medications
3. Exercise for weight loss
Telemedicine for weight loss
- obesity in United States
- County obesity rates United States
- Causes of weight gain
- Metabolic syndrome
- Proven measures for losing weight
Areas and territories that belong to the United States:
- AS American Samoa lose weight
- DC District of Columbia lose weight, which is the seat of the Federal government
- GU Guam lose weight
- MP Northern Mariana Islands lose weight, Commonwealth
- PR Puerto Rico lose weight, Commonwealth
- VI the United States Virgin Islands lose weight
W8MD weight loss, sleep and medspa centers
King of Prussia
Other weight loss blogs
W8MD's tele-weight loss - Call (718)946-5500 (NY, NJ) or (215)676-2334 for PA.
I would most definitely recommend to go to here. They are very nice helpful and know what they are doing and talking about, I can see that the doctor has experience for sure. - A patient.
Need help losing weight?
Weight loss services