Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Z signal - an operating signal used in U.S. and allied communications procedures (ACP-131) and composed of a three-letter combination beginning with the letter Z.
- zero emission vehicle - a low or no emission vehicle that produces no carbon or particulate matter.
- zone - a foreign-trade zone as provided in this chapter.
- zone of action - A tactical subdivision of a larger area, the responsibility for which is assigned to a tactical unit; generally applied to offensive action.
- zone of fire - An area into which a designated ground unit or fire support ship delivers, or is prepared to deliver, fire support. Also called ZF.
- zulu time - Phonetic for zone Z time. Military time has 24 zones lettered A thru Z, except for I and O. Z or Zulu time is the time in zone Z and is used in date-time-groups (DTG); it corresponds to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).