Dictionary of family medicine Q
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- q noun the 17th letter of the Roman alphabet
- q tip.
- qi noun the circulating life energy that in Chinese philosophy is thought to be inherent in all things; in traditional Chinese medicine the balance of negative and positive forms in the body is believed to be essential for good health
- qids sr.
- quadrant noun a measuring instrument for measuring altitude of heavenly bodies; the area enclosed by two perpendicular radii of a circle; any of the four areas into which a plane is divided by two orthogonal coordinate axes; a quarter of the circumference of a circle; a quarter of the circumference of a circle
- quadriplegia noun paralysis of both arms and both legs
- quadruple adj. four times as great or many; having four units or components; noun a quantity that is four times as great as another; a set of four similar things considered as a unit; verb increase fourfold
- qualifying noun success in satisfying a test or requirement; the grammatical relation that exists when a word qualifies the meaning of the phrase
- quality adj. of high social status; of superior grade; noun an essential and distinguishing attribute of something or someone; a degree or grade of excellence or worth; a characteristic property that defines the apparent individual nature of something; high social status; (music) the distinctive property of a complex sound (a voice or noise or musical sound)
- quality adjusted.
- quality adjusted life year.
- quantiferon tb.
- quantitative adj. expressible as a quantity or relating to or susceptible of measurement; (of verse) having a metric system based on relative duration of syllables; relating to the measurement of quantity
- questioning adj. perplexed (as if being expected to know something that you do not know); showing curiosity; marked by or given to doubt; noun a request for information
- questioning illogical feeling thoughts and.
- questionnaire noun a form containing a set of questions; submitted to people to gain statistical information
- quick adj. easily aroused or excited; accomplished rapidly and without delay; apprehending and responding with speed and sensitivity; moving quickly and lightly; performed with little or no delay; hurried and brief; adv. with little or no delay; noun any area of the body that is highly sensitive to pain (as the flesh underneath the skin or a fingernail or toenail)
- quick inventory of depressive symptomatologyself report.
- quinapril hydrochloride.
- quinidex noun cardiac drug (trade names Quinidex and Quinora) used to treat certain heart arrhythmias
- quinidex quinaglute.
- quinidine noun cardiac drug (trade names Quinidex and Quinora) used to treat certain heart arrhythmias
- quinine noun a bitter alkaloid extracted from chinchona bark; used in malaria therapy
- quinsy noun a painful pus filled inflammation of the tonsils and surrounding tissues; usually a complication of tonsillitis
- quit verb give up in the face of defeat of lacking hope; admit defeat; go away or leave; turn away from; give up; give up or retire from a position; put an end to a state or an activity
Glossaries, dictionaries and lists in WikiMD
Lists & Glossaries