Dictionary of family medicine Y
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- y noun the 25th letter of the Roman alphabet; a silvery metallic element that is common in rare earth minerals; used in magnesium and aluminum alloys
- y linoleic.
- yaws noun an infectious tropical disease resembling syphilis in its early stages; marked by red skin eruptions and ulcerating lesions
- years noun the time during which someone's life continues; a late time of life; a prolonged period of time
- yellow adj. of the color intermediate between green and orange in the color spectrum; of something resembling the color of an egg yolk; cowardly or treacherous; changed to a yellowish color by age; easily frightened; affected by jaundice which causes yellowing of skin etc; typical of tabloids; noun yellow color or pigment; the chromatic color resembling the hue of sunflowers or ripe lemons; verb turn yellow
- yellow brown adj. of a medium to dark brownish yellow color
- yoga noun a system of exercises practiced as part of the Hindu discipline to promote control of the body and mind; Hindu discipline aimed at training the consciousness for a state of perfect spiritual insight and tranquility that is achieved through the three paths of actions and knowledge and devotion
- york noun the English royal house (a branch of the Plantagenet line) that reigned from 1461 to 1485; its emblem was a white rose
- young adj. being in its early stage; (used of living things especially persons) in an early period of life or development or growth; (of crops) harvested at an early stage of development; before complete maturity; not tried or tested by experience; suggestive of youth; vigorous and fresh; noun any immature animal; young people collectively; United States religious leader of the Mormon Church after the assassination of Joseph Smith; he led the Mormon exodus from Illinois to Salt Lake City, Utah (1801 1877); United States baseball player and famous pitcher (1867 1955); English poet (1683 1765); United States jazz tenor saxophonist (1909 1959); British physicist and Egyptologist; he revived the wave theory of light and proposed a three component theory of color vision; he also played an important role in deciphering the hieroglyphics on the Rosetta Stone (1773 1829); United States civil rights leader (1921 1971); United States film and television actress (1913 2000)
- young uncomplicated bacterial cystitis in prevention of.
- young women uncomplicated bacterial cystitis in prevention of.
- youth noun the freshness and vitality characteristic of a young person; early maturity; the state of being young or immature or inexperienced; the time of life between childhood and maturity; an early period of development; young people collectively; a young person (especially a young man or boy)
- youth adult.
Glossaries, dictionaries and lists in WikiMD
Lists & Glossaries