Dictionary of family medicine Z
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- z noun the 26th letter of the Roman alphabet; the ending of a series or sequence
- z es.
- z plasty.
- zealand noun the largest island of Denmark and the site of Copenhagen
- zidovudine noun an antiviral drug (trade name Retrovir) used in the treatment of AIDS; adverse side effects include liver damage and suppression of the bone marrow
- zidovudine for hiv infected pregnant women.
- zinc noun a bluish white lustrous metallic element; brittle at ordinary temperatures but malleable when heated; used in a wide variety of alloys and in galvanizing iron; it occurs as zinc sulphide in zinc blende; verb coat or cover with zinc
- zola noun French novelist and critic; defender of Dreyfus (1840 1902)
- zollinger ellison.
- zollinger ellison syndrome.
- zone noun (anatomy) any encircling or beltlike structure; an area or region distinguished from adjacent parts by a distinctive feature or characteristic; any of the regions of the surface of the Earth loosely divided according to latitude or longitude; a circumscribed geographical region characterized by some distinctive features; verbregulate housing in; of certain areas of towns; separate or apportion into sections
- zonisamide in seizure management side effects.
- zoster noun eruptions along a nerve path often accompanied by severe neuralgia
- zyloprim noun a drug (trade name Zyloprim) used to treat gout and other conditions in which there is an excessive buildup of uric acid
Glossaries, dictionaries and lists in WikiMD
Lists & Glossaries