Low calorie diet
A diet low in calories with minimal or no empty calories usually with specially designed weight loss supplements or meal replacements used for the purpose of losing weight. If the calories are down to 800 calories, it is called Very low calorie diet and if the calories are down to about 1000 calories are more, it is called low calorie diet or LCD.
- 1 5 Proven measures to lose weight
- 2 What works for weigh loss?
- 3 Sleep disorders and weigh gain?
- 4 Low Calorie Diet
- 5 Meal replacements and Low Calorie Diet
- 6 Amount of weight loss with LCD diet
- 7 Side effects of [[losing weight
- 8 Prevention of weight regain
- 9 Need help losing weight?
- 10 Follow weight loss and wellness on social media
5 Proven measures to lose weight
Although there are many weight loss products, and miracle weight loss cures that many diet programs promise, there are about 5 clinically proven measures that really work for losing weight according to Dr. Prab R. Tumpati, MD, founder of [htttp://www.w8md.org W8MD medical weight loss centers of America].
- A Very Low Calorie Diet also called VLCD of 800 calories or Low Calorie Diet or LCD diet of 1000 or more calories.
- Physical activity or exercise in combination with number 1. Although exercise is important, if you just exercise without calorie restricted diet, you may not succeed in losing weight due to the appetite stimulating effect of exercise.
increased physical undertaking.
- Correction of underlying behavior issues leading to weight gain including correction of eating disorders, correction of insulin resistance and other metabolic causes of weight gain.
- Weight loss pills or prescription medications for weight loss
- weight-loss surgery or bariatric surgery.
Low Calorie Diet
A usual LCD may provide as few as 1000-1400 calories.
- 1,000–1,200 calories/day for a woman
- 1,200–1,600 calories/day for a man
The number of calories may be modified based on your age, heaviness, and your physical activity levels.
Meal replacements and Low Calorie Diet
An LCD diet may have some meal replacements or regular foods.
Amount of weight loss with LCD diet
A VLCD may permit you to lose about 1 to 2 pounds per week.
Side effects of [[losing weight
Gallstones, which often evolve in persons who are obese, particularly women, may be even more routinely evolved throughout rapid weight loss. Some medicines can prevent gallstones from forming throughout fast weight loss.
Prevention of weight regain
Need help losing weight?
Weight loss services