New York weight loss
In the past 30 years, overweight and obesity increased sharply for both adults and children in New York. As overweight status and obesity increase the risk of other medical problems including some cancers, cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome, and diabetes, among others, it is important to understand the true causes of weight gain in New York rather than oversimplify it or worse blame the victim for obesity.
According the 2010 Obesity Statistics from CDC:
- In 2007, 62% of adults in New York were overweight or obese and 16% of high schools students were overweight, based on self-reported height and weight.
- 1 Dietary Behaviors of people in New York
- 2 Physical Activity
- 3 Adolescent Overweight and Obesity New York
- 4 What went wrong with our diet?
- 5 Ted Talks: Why blaming the obese is blaming the victim?
- 6 Causes of weight gain in New York
- 7 What’s causing your weight gain? - New York weight loss
- 8 Could insulin resistance explain your weight gain?
- 9 What really causes your weight gain?
- 10 STOP Blaming The Victim For Obesity
- 11 Is low vitamin D due to unhealthy belly fat?
- 12 Epidemic of Type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome and obesity in New York
- 13 Weight loss options in New York
- 14 New York weight loss doctor
- 15 Also see
- 16 External links
- 17 Sponsors
- 18 Tired of being overweight? W8MD can help! W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & Aesthetic Services
- 19 New York weight loss clinics
- 20 Insurances for weight in New York
- 21 Diet for weight loss in New York
- 22 Exercises for weight loss in New York
- 23 Medications for weight loss in New York
- 24 Weight loss medications
- 25 New weight loss medications Qsymia and Belviq
- 26 Before and after weight loss pictures New York
- 27 Videos for weight loss New York
- 28 Fast weight loss options New York
- 29 Locations for weight loss New York
- 30 Cities of New York with population and how to lose weight
Dietary Behaviors of people in New York
- 38.9% of adults reported having consumed fruits at the recommended level of 2 or more times per day.
- 24.7% of adults reported having consumed vegetables at the recommended level of 3 or more times per day.
- 44.1% of adults achieved at least 300 minutes a week of moderate-intensity aerobic physical activity or 150 minutes a week of vigorous intensity aerobic activity (or an equivalent combination).
- 26.4% of New York’s adults reported that during the past month, they had not participated in any physical activity.
Adolescent Overweight and Obesity New York
Overweight and Obesity
- 15.6% were overweight (≥ 85th and < 95th percentiles for BMI by age and sex, based on reference data)
- 11% were obese (≥95th percentile BMI by age and sex, based on reference data) Unhealthy Dietary Behaviors(6)
- Fruit consumption: 66.1% ate fruits or drank 100% less than 2 times per day during the 7 days before the survey (100% fruit juice or fruit)
- Vegetable consumption: Data not available in 2010
- Sugar-sweetened beverage consumption: 24.5% drank a can, bottle, or glass of soda or pop (not including diet soda or diet pop) at least one time per day during the 7 days before the survey.
What went wrong with our diet?
Instead of blaming the victim for obesity, or yourself for obesity, it is important to understand what drives the weight gain, such as insulin resistance that affects up to 71 percent of the entire population out of which 35 percent already have metabolic syndrome.
With over 20,000 books written on this topic with so much misleading information, let a trained practicing weight loss physician, Dr Prab R. Tumpati,MD educate you on the true science and art of obesity medicine.
Why the food pyramid failed?
Metabolic starvation in the obese
Most people that gain weight are not on a mission to gain weight intentionally. It is the paradoxical metabolic starvation that happens in the obese due to insulin resistance with a compensatory increase in the anabolic hormone called insulin that drives weight gain, hunger and metabolic starvation leading to food cravings, and weight gain!
3 things wrong with our diet | How insulin resistance causes weight gain? | Causes of weight gain | Skin tags and insulin resistance | Sugar rush and crash | How to lose weight? | Weight loss information
Ted Talks: Why blaming the obese is blaming the victim?
Obesity Statistics - New York 2010
|State||County||Obesity percent (men)||age-adjusted obesity percent (men)||percent obesity (women)||age-adjusted percent (women)|
|New York||Albany County Obesity||27.4||26.9||24.7||24.3|
|New York||Allegany County Obesity||32.3||32||27.2||26.8|
|New York||Bronx County Obesity||27.7||27.4||29||28.8|
|New York||Broome County Obesity||30.8||30.1||27.2||27.1|
|New York||Cattaraugus County Obesity||30||29.3||25.1||24.6|
|New York||Cayuga County Obesity||27.1||26.4||22.4||21.8|
|New York||Chautauqua County Obesity||29.4||28.7||25.8||25.3|
|New York||Chemung County Obesity||31.2||30.5||27.2||26.7|
|New York||Chenango County Obesity||31.2||30.5||26.6||26|
|New York||Clinton County Obesity||31.8||31.2||27.4||26.9|
|New York||Columbia County Obesity||25.9||25.1||21.9||21.2|
|New York||Cortland County Obesity||29.1||28.7||24.9||24.6|
|New York||Delaware County Obesity||27.9||27.1||23.7||22.9|
|New York||Dutchess County Obesity||28.5||27.6||23.9||23.3|
|New York||Erie County Obesity||29.7||29.2||28.2||27.7|
|New York||Essex County Obesity||29.1||28.5||25.1||24.3|
|New York||Franklin County Obesity||30.4||29.9||27.1||26.6|
|New York||Fulton County Obesity||30.8||30.3||25.8||25.3|
|New York||Genesee County Obesity||30.9||30.3||26.6||26.1|
|New York||Greene County Obesity||32||31.5||28.6||27.8|
|New York||Hamilton County Obesity||28.3||27.4||23.9||22.9|
|New York||Herkimer County Obesity||34.2||33.6||29.4||29|
|New York||Jefferson County Obesity||31||30.8||26.9||26.8|
|New York||Kings County Obesity||21.8||21.8||24.5||24.3|
|New York||Lewis County Obesity||28||27.2||23.7||23.1|
|New York||Livingston County Obesity||31.3||30.5||26.4||26|
|New York||Madison County Obesity||29.7||29.1||25.1||24.6|
|New York||Monroe County Obesity||30.1||29.5||30.3||30.1|
|New York||Montgomery County Obesity||29.2||28.6||24.7||24.3|
|New York||Nassau County Obesity||23.9||23.2||19.4||18.8|
|New York||New York County Obesity||14.8||15||16.6||16.7|
|New York||Niagara County Obesity||32||31.4||27.1||26.5|
|New York||Oneida County Obesity||29.7||29.2||25.4||25.3|
|New York||Onondaga County Obesity||30.4||29.8||26.2||25.8|
|New York||Ontario County Obesity||30.4||29.8||25.8||25.4|
|New York||Orange County Obesity||25.6||25||22.1||21.6|
|New York||Orleans County Obesity||33.7||33||30.2||29.8|
|New York||Oswego County Obesity||36.2||35.4||31.6||31.2|
|New York||Otsego County Obesity||29.6||29.1||25.3||24.9|
|New York||Putnam County Obesity||33||31.8||29.1||28.3|
|New York||Queens County Obesity||22.5||22.3||23.3||23.2|
|New York||Rensselaer County Obesity||28.3||27.7||24.6||24.1|
|New York||Richmond County Obesity||30.2||29.5||25.2||24.7|
|New York||Rockland County Obesity||26.4||25.8||22.3||21.7|
|New York||St. Lawrence County Obesity||31.9||31.5||27.9||27.6|
|New York||Saratoga County Obesity||27.9||27.2||23.9||23.3|
|New York||Schenectady County Obesity||29.1||28.5||25.9||25.6|
|New York||Schoharie County Obesity||31.8||31.2||28.1||27.5|
|New York||Schuyler County Obesity||31||30.2||26.2||25.7|
|New York||Seneca County Obesity||30.4||29.9||26.1||25.4|
|New York||Steuben County Obesity||32.4||32||29.4||29|
|New York||Suffolk County Obesity||28.1||27.6||21.4||20.9|
|New York||Sullivan County Obesity||30.8||30||27.7||27.2|
|New York||Tioga County Obesity||31||30.3||26.9||26.4|
|New York||Tompkins County Obesity||23.8||23.9||19.8||19.9|
|New York||Ulster County Obesity||29.7||28.9||25||24.6|
|New York||Warren County Obesity||30.9||30||27||26.3|
|New York||Washington County Obesity||30.5||29.8||26||25.4|
|New York||Wayne County Obesity||33.3||32.4||29.6||29.1|
|New York||Westchester County Obesity||18.7||18.3||15.8||15.3|
|New York||Wyoming County Obesity||31.8||31||26.8||26.1|
|New York||Yates County Obesity||28.3||27.7||23.6||23.1|
Causes of weight gain in New York
What’s causing your weight gain? - New York weight loss
- Up to 70 percent of the population in the United States deals with being overweight or obese
- 35 percent of all adults, according to Centers for Disease Control (CDC) are prediabetic and have significant insulin resistance while another 36 percent have some signs of insulin resistance
- Diabetes has increased by over 500 percent in the last 50 years or so and now affects 8 percent of the population.
Could insulin resistance explain your weight gain?
What really causes your weight gain?
STOP Blaming The Victim For Obesity
3 things wrong with our diet | How insulin resistance causes weight gain? | Causes of weight gain | Skin tags and insulin resistance | Sugar rush and crash | Causes of weight gain | Weight loss information
Is low vitamin D due to unhealthy belly fat?
The top causes of weight gain in New York include the following:
- Insulin resistance - use this free w8md medical weight loss centers of America's tool to check if you might be insulin resistant that causes your weight gain, especially in the tummy!
- Eating disorders are a common cause of weight gain in New York and other parts of the United States
- Sleep disorders and weight gain are bidirectionally related where sleep problems lead to weight gain and weight gain in turn leads to sleep problems.
- Nutritional deficiencies are an important cause of weight gain in New York.
- Hormonal imbalances can also cause weight gain.
- Stress related weight gain
- Genetic factors for excess weight gain
- other causes for weight gain in New York
Epidemic of Type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome and obesity in New York
|State||County||Number of New Cases of Diabetes||Age-adjusted Rate per 1000 of Diabetes||Age-adjusted Obesity Percent|
|New York||Albany County||1521||7.1||24.2|
|New York||Allegany County||291||8.5||28.8|
|New York||Bronx County||8552||10.0||27.3|
|New York||Broome County||1247||8.7||29.5|
|New York||Cattaraugus County||543||9.4||28.8|
|New York||Cayuga County||468||7.9||24.3|
|New York||Chautauqua County||746||7.5||28.1|
|New York||Chemung County||585||9.1||26.3|
|New York||Chenango County||271||7.0||27.0|
|New York||Clinton County||454||7.6||28.9|
|New York||Columbia County||327||6.6||25.3|
|New York||Cortland County||257||7.8||26.7|
|New York||Delaware County||278||7.6||27.4|
|New York||Dutchess County||1882||9.1||27.3|
|New York||Erie County||6181||9.4||28.4|
|New York||Essex County||236||8.0||27.4|
|New York||Franklin County||314||8.6||28.2|
|New York||Fulton County||329||8.0||28.5|
|New York||Genesee County||377||8.8||27.8|
|New York||Greene County||306||8.3||28.2|
|New York||Hamilton County||37||8.6||24.7|
|New York||Herkimer County||373||7.9||31.9|
|New York||Jefferson County||692||8.9||31.3|
|New York||Kings County||16614||10.0||24.5|
|New York||Lewis County||161||8.4||28.3|
|New York||Livingston County||380||8.5||27.4|
|New York||Madison County||355||7.1||26.3|
|New York||Monroe County||4508||8.7||30.1|
|New York||Montgomery County||266||7.3||30.0|
|New York||Nassau County||7245||7.2||20.8|
|New York||New York County||8462||7.1||15.2|
|New York||Niagara County||1324||8.3||28.4|
|New York||Oneida County||1393||8.2||28.7|
|New York||Onondaga County||2741||8.5||28.2|
|New York||Ontario County||608||7.7||26.2|
|New York||Orange County||2033||8.2||25.9|
|New York||Orleans County||245||8.0||29.4|
|New York||Oswego County||781||9.4||33.7|
|New York||Otsego County||348||7.6||28.1|
Weight loss options in New York
In order to lose weight, understand the proven options to lose weight in New York including the following.
- Low calorie diet (LCD), or Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD)
- Weight loss medications - watch this youtube video on the review of the best weight loss medications for fast weight loss in New York
- Physical activity for weight loss which only works in combination with diet as exercise on its own is shown to be pretty useless for weight loss since exercise stimulates appetite and builds heavier muscle tissue thereby negating any weight loss with calories burned. However, a combination of low calorie diet and exercise, or diet alone would work for weight loss but not exercise alone.
- Correction of insulin resistance, metabolic, sleep and other causes for weight gain in New York for fast and effective weight loss.
- Surgical options for weight loss such as the gastric bypass surgery can be an option for some to lose weight in New York although most might regain the weight even after surgery and a behavior weight loss program is still needed for long term weight loss success in New York.
New York weight loss doctor
Dr. Prab R. Tumpati, is a board certified physician with experience and training in the field of obesity medicine in addition to training in sleep medicine and internal medicine. As the founder of WikiMD, and W8MD medical weight loss centers of America, Dr. Tumpati is familiar with the concepts, science, and art of weight loss medicine.
New York weight loss clinics
W8MD medical weight loss centers of America is a physician supervised, non-surgical, evidence based weight loss and wellness program with offices in many states in the United States. Unlike the many "Cash Only" weight loss centers, most w8md medical weight loss centers do accept health insurance for the weight loss physician visits.
Started by two practicing weight loss physicians, Dr. Henry C. Sobo, and Dr. Prab R. Tumpati, MD, W8MD medical weight loss centers of America understands the role nutrition plays and help patients not only lose weight but also lead a healthy life style. Having successfully helped thousands of patients, W8MD physicians understand the factors that lead to weight gain including hormonal(insulin resistance), social, environmental and genetic factors and work with each patient individually to help design a customized weight loss plan that suits their individual needs.
Insurances for weight in New York
As the 2010 health care law or Affordable Care Act, popularly called Obamacare, mandates York-insurances health insurance coverage for obesity as it is considered a preventable medical problem. [htt://www.W8MD medical weight loss centers of America's locations in North East New York, King of Prussia, and Exton and Brooklyn, New York weight loss locations do accept most health insurances for physician weight loss visits.
Diet for weight loss in New York
One of the best ways to lose weight in New York or other places safely and effectively is to consider a very low calorie diet of 800 calories with either complete or partial meal replacement using specially manufactured meal replacement weight loss supplements such as the Yorkmedicalweightloss.com/w8mds-very-low-calorie-diet-vlcd-for-weight-loss/ vlcd diet from w8md medical weight loss centers of America. Understand the 5 clinically proven measures to lose weight in New York including low calorie and very low calorie diets.
Exercises for weight loss in New York
Although exercise is important for losing weight fast in New York, it is important to understand it only works if used in combination with a reduced calorie diet for weight loss. Research shows that for weight loss, exercise alone is not a very useful tool for weight loss as exercise has a stimulating effect on weight loss, and it builds heavier muscle thereby compensating for any weight loss with burning of calories with exercise. Understand the role of exercise for weight loss in this youtube video from 52 weeks of weight loss and wellness video series.
Medications for weight loss in New York
Weight loss medications
In 2012, the FDA approved two new weight loss medications Qsymia and Belviq after years of rejecting many other weight loss medications. There are other traditional and time tested weight loss medications such as Phentermine, Phendimetrazine etc.
What works and what does not for losing weight?
Learn about the Yorkmedicalweightloss.com/services/diet-pills/ best weight loss medication for fast and effective weight loss in New York.
Before and after weight loss pictures New York
Check the testimonials, before and after weight loss pictures and reviews of W8MD medical weight loss program
* Individual results may vary!
Videos for weight loss New York
Weight loss videos
Fast weight loss options New York
These are the fast and effective weight loss options for losing weight in New York.
1. FDA approved weight loss medications
2. Very Low Calorie Diets
3. Exercise for weight loss
4. Correction of metabolic causes of weight gain
5. Bariatric surgery for weight loss in New York
Locations for weight loss New York
2003 Bath Avenue Brooklyn New York 11214 Phone 718 946 5500
Also see New york weight loss spa
Most populous counties
These are the ten counties with the largest populations as of 2010.
- Kings County (Brooklyn): 2,504,700
- Queens County (Queens): 2,230,722
- New York County (Manhattan): 1,585,873
- Suffolk County: 1,493,350
- Bronx County (the Bronx): 1,385,108
- Nassau County: 1,339,532
- Westchester County: 949,113
- Erie County: 919,040
- Monroe County: 744,344
- Richmond County (Staten Island): 468,730
- Rockland County: 311,687
Cities and metropolitan areas
The largest city in the state of New York and the most populous city in the United States is New York City, which comprises five counties (boroughs): Bronx, New York (Manhattan), Queens, Kings (Brooklyn), and Richmond (Staten Island). New York City is home to more than two-fifths of the state's population. Albany, the sixth-largest city, is the state capital.
Cities of New York with population and how to lose weight
- New York City weight loss (population of 19,831,858 in the metro New York area.
- Buffalo-Niagara Falls weight loss (population of 1,135,509)
- Rochester weight loss (population of 1,054,323)
- Albany weight loss (870,716)
- Poughkeepsie and the Hudson Valley weight loss (population of 670,301)
- Syracuse (662,577)
- Utica-Rome weight loss (population of 299,397)
- Binghamton weight loss (population of 251,725)
- Kingston weight loss (population of 182,493)
- Glens Falls weight loss (population of 128,923)