Nocturnal clitoral tumescence
Nocturnal clitoral tumescence (NCT) is a spontaneous swelling of the clitoris during sleep or when waking up. Similar to the process in males, nocturnal penile tumescence ("morning wood"), women also experience clitoris tumescence or engorgement of the vagina, mainly during REM sleep phase.
What does tumuscence mean?
- Review article Physiologic measures of sexual function in women
- Mirror(UK):What happens to your vagina while you sleep at night - and it turns out it's very busy
Portions of content adapted from Wikipedias article on Nocturnal clitoral tumescence licensed under GNU FDL.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Have question on Nocturnal clitoral tumescence? Ask in the Question portal.
- FAQ's on Nocturnal clitoral tumescence
- Frequently Asked Questions
|This anatomy article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|