Nursing Outcomes Classification
The Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC) is a classification system which describes patient outcomes sensitive to nursing intervention. The NOC is a system to evaluate the effects of nursing care as a part of the nursing process. The NOC contains 330 outcomes, and each with a label, a definition, and a set of indicators and measures to determine achievement of the nursing outcome and are included The terminology is an American Nurses' Association-recognized terminology, is included in the UMLS, and is HL7 registered.
With the development of advanced nursing practice and the need to demonstrate effectiveness in patient care, academics and advanced practitioners have started researching and identifying nursing-sensitive outcome. These are defined as defined as an individual’s, family or community state, behaviour or perception that is measured along a continuum in response to nursing intervention. Nursing sensitive outcomes have been identifying in rheumatology nursing, paediatric nursing and in intensive care.
- Clinical Care Classification System
- Diagnosis-related group
- Nursing care plan
- Nursing diagnosis
- Nursing Interventions Classification
- Nursing process
- Omaha System
- Donahue, M.P. & Brighton, V., Nursing outcome classification: Development and implementation, Journal of Nursing Care Quality, 1998, 12(5)
- S. Moorhead, M. Johnson, M. Maas, E. Swanson, Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC), Elsevier, Fourth Edition, 936 pages, 2007, ISBN 0-323-05408-0
- Doran, Diane M.; Harrison, Margaret B.; Laschinger, Heather S.; Hirdes, John P.; Rukholm, Ellen; Sidani, Souraya; Hall, Linda McGillis; Tourangeau, Ann E. (March 2006). "Nursing-sensitive outcomes data collection in acute care and long-term-care settings". Nursing Research. 55 (2 Suppl): S75–81. doi:10.1097/00006199-200603001-00012. ISSN 0029-6562. PMID 16601638.
- Ingersoll, G. L.; McIntosh, E.; Williams, M. (November 2000). "Nurse-sensitive outcomes of advanced practice". Journal of Advanced Nursing. 32 (5): 1272–1281. doi:10.1046/j.1365-2648.2000.01598.x. ISSN 0309-2402. PMID 11115013.
- Krau, Stephen D. (2014-03-01). "Nurse-Sensitive Outcomes: Indicators of Quality Care?". Nursing Clinics. 49 (1): ix–x. doi:10.1016/j.cnur.2013.12.002. ISSN 0029-6465. PMID 24485192.
- Ingersoll, Gail L.; McIntosh, Elaine; Williams, Mamie (2000-11-01). "Nurse-sensitive outcomes of advanced practice" (PDF). Journal of Advanced Nursing. 32 (5): 1272–1281. doi:10.1046/j.1365-2648.2000.01598.x. ISSN 1365-2648.
- "Elsevier: Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC), 5th Edition: Moorhead, Johnson, Maas & Swanson". elsevier.ca. Retrieved 2017-11-13.
- Minnock, Patricia; McKee, Gabrielle; Kelly, Alexia; Carter, Sheree C.; Menzies, Victoria; O’Sullivan, Denis; Richards, Pam; Ndosi, Mwidimi; Hustings, Yvonne van Eijk (2018-01-01). "Nursing sensitive outcomes in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: A systematic literature review". International Journal of Nursing Studies. 77: 115–129. doi:10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2017.09.005. ISSN 0020-7489. PMID 29080437.
- Wilson, Sally; Bremner, Alexandra P.; Hauck, Yvonne; Finn, Judith (2012-07-20). "Identifying paediatric nursing-sensitive outcomes in linked administrative health data". BMC Health Services Research. 12: 209. doi:10.1186/1472-6963-12-209. ISSN 1472-6963. PMC 3467158. PMID 22818363.
- Krapohl, Greta; Manojlovich, Milisa; Redman, Richard; Zhang, Lingling (November 2010). "Nursing specialty certification and nursing-sensitive patient outcomes in the intensive care unit". American Journal of Critical Care. 19 (6): 490–498, quiz 499. doi:10.4037/ajcc2010406. ISSN 1937-710X. PMID 21041193.
- Baggs, Judith Gedney; Schmitt, Madeline H.; Mushlin, Alvin I.; Mitchell, Pamela H.; Eldredge, Deborah H.; Oakes, David; Hutson, Alan D. (September 1999). "Association between nurse-physician collaboration and patient outcomes in three intensive care units". Critical Care Medicine. 27 (9): 1991–1998. doi:10.1097/00003246-199909000-00045. ISSN 0090-3493. PMID 10507630.
- Nursing Outcomes Classification (U. Iowa)