Open Medical Directory
Find Doctors, Hospitals, and Health Care Facilities
Finding a doctor you trust or a hospital that fits your needs can be hard. Here are some tips and resources to help you choose:
- Check your insurance plan to see if there is a pre-approved list for doctors or hospitals.
- Search the MedlinePlus directory for doctors, other providers, and various types of health care centers and services.
- Find mental health services and get help for substance abuse.
- Review the National Library of Medicine’s checklist of what to look for when picking a primary care doctor.
- If you are pregnant, learn some things to consider when choosing a health care provider.
- Even if you’re not insured, you can get help from a health care center or community clinic near you.
- If you’re enrolled in Medicare, use the Physician Compare website to find Medicare-certified doctors and health care facilities.
- Health Directory from Health++, another open medical wiki
See other topics, articles and terms related to Open Medical Directory on WikiMD.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Have question on Open Medical Directory? Ask in the Question portal.
- FAQ's on Open Medical Directory
- Frequently Asked Questions
Find something you can improve? Join WikiMD as an an editor and help improve this page or others.
|Health topics | USMLE|
|A-Z health topics | Popular health topics | Drugs | Alternative medicines | Medicine portal|
|Glossaries and dictionaries | Comprehensive dictionary of medicine|