- 1 What are sleep disorders?
- 2 Common sleep disorders
- 3 Parasomnias
- 4 Sleep disorders and weight gain
- 5 W8MD medical weight loss and sleep centers
- 6 See also
- 7 External links
- 8 World's largest food, health, weight loss, wellnesspedia and encyclopedia
- 9 Need help losing weight?
- 10 Follow weight loss and wellness on social media
What are sleep disorders?
Sleep disorders have to do not only with how you sleep but also how you behave during the day as a result of what is happening in your sleep. Since many of the sleep disorders have an effect the day time functioning, many of which cause excess daytime sleepiness, sleep disorders are often called sleep wake disorders.
Common sleep disorders
Although there are over 80 different sleep disorders, some are more common than others. The most common sleep disorders include the following:
- Insomnia - a hard time falling or staying asleep
- Sleep apnea - breathing interruptions during sleep
- Restless legs syndrome - a tingling or prickly sensation in the legs
- Narcolepsy - daytime "sleep attacks"
Nightmares, night terrors, sleep walking, sleep talking, head banging, REM behavior disorder, bed wetting, night eating, and bruxism or grinding your teeth are some of the other sleep disorders collectively grouped as parasomnias.
Sleep disorders and weight gain
Sleep disorders and metabolic disorders such as metabolic syndrome are bidirectionally related in such a way that one thing leads to the other and vice versa. Since weight gain and sleep disorders are bidirectional, it is important for sleep medicine physicians to not only address sleep problems, but also address the weight issues.
W8MD medical weight loss and sleep centers
Realizing the association of sleep disorders and weight gain, W8MD medical weight loss centers address both these related conditions so that you not only lose weight but also hope to reverse many of the reversible sleep problems such as sleep apnea with weight loss.
- Philadelphia sleep and weight loss center
- New York City sleep and weight loss center
- King of Prussia sleep and weight loss center
- Exton, PA sleep and weight loss center
World's largest food, health, weight loss, wellnesspedia and encyclopedia
If you are a medical professional or an expert in any field of medicine, please join us in building the world's largest weight loss and wellness encyclopedia created by experts in the field, not by the crowd. WikiMD is sponsored by W8MD weight loss, sleep and medical aesthetic centers
W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & Medical Aesthetic Centers
Since its inception in 2011, W8MD’s insurance physician weight loss program has successfully helped thousands of patients succeed in not only losing weight but also keep it off with an ongoing maintenance plan.
FANTASTIC PROGRAM. TRULY A LIFE CHANGER. D.M. LOST 100 LBS^^
^^Individual results may vary.
W8MD weight loss, sleep and medical spa blogs
Support our sponsors
W8MD weight loss, sleep and medspa centers sponsors WikiMD.
W8MD's Locations for losing weight, sleeping better and looking your best
King of Prussia
Other W8MD blogs
Need help losing weight?
Weight loss services