Texas weight loss
- 1 State Population of Texas
- 2 Dietary Behaviors Texas
- 3 Physical Activity - Texas
- 4 Fruit consumption - Texas
- 5 Vegetable consumption - Texas
- 6 Sugar-sweetened beverage consumption - Texas
- 7 What went wrong with our diet?
- 8 Ted Talks: Why blaming the obese is blaming the victim?
- 9 Prevalence of obesity in counties of Texas
- 10 Causes of weight gain in Texas
- 11 What’s causing your weight gain? - Texas weight loss
- 12 Could insulin resistance explain your weight gain?
- 13 What really causes your weight gain?
- 14 STOP Blaming The Victim For Obesity
- 15 Is low vitamin D due to unhealthy belly fat?
- 16 Weight loss options in Texas
- 17 Texas weight loss doctor
- 18 Also see
- 19 External links
- 20 Sponsors
- 21 Tired of being overweight? W8MD can help! W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & Aesthetic Services
- 22 Texas weight loss clinics
- 23 Lose weight in Texas from home
- 24 Physicians join W8MD network of weight loss physicians
- 25 Insurances for weight
- 26 Diet for weight loss in Texas
- 27 Exercises for weight loss in Texas
- 28 Weight loss medications
- 29 New weight loss medications Qsymia and Belviq
- 30 Before and after weight loss pictures Texas
- 31 Videos for weight loss Texas
- 32 Fast weight loss options Texas
- 33 Telemedicine for weight loss
- 34 World's best way to lose weight from home
- 35 Telemedicine weight loss and behavior coaching is here
- 36 How does the telemedicine weight loss coaching work?
- 37 Why choose W8MD telemedicine behavior coaching
- 38 Sponsors
- 39 Need help losing weight?
- 40 Follow weight loss and wellness on social media
State Population of Texas
- Estimated Total Population 2010 of Texas is 25,145,561
- Adults age 18 and over in Texas comprise of 72.7% of the total population in 2010
- Youth under 18 years of age comprise of 27.3% of the total population in 2010 U.S. Census Bureau.
- Adult Overweight and Obesity Overweight and Obesity Texas
- 65.9% were overweight, with a Body Mass Index of 25 or greater.
- 27.7% were obese, with a Body Mass Index of 30 or greater.
Dietary Behaviors Texas
- 30.0% of adults reported having consumed fruits at the recommended level of 2 or more times per day.
- 27.2% of adults reported having consumed vegetables at the recommended level of 3 or more times per day.
Physical Activity - Texas
- 43.1% of adults achieved at least 300 minutes a week of moderate-intensity aerobic physical activity or 150 minutes a week of vigorous-intensity aerobic activity (or an equivalent combination).
- 27.3% of Texas’s adults reported that during the past month, they had not participated in any physical activity.
Fruit consumption - Texas
67.5% ate fruits or drank 100% fruit juice less than 2 times per day during the 7 days before the survey (100% fruit juice or fruit).
Vegetable consumption - Texas
85.7% ate vegetables less than 3 times per day during the 7 days before the survey (green salad; potatoes, excluding French fries, fried potatoes, or potato chips; carrots; or other vegetables).
Sugar-sweetened beverage consumption - Texas
32.8% drank a can, bottle, or glass of soda or pop (not including diet soda or diet pop) at least one time per day during the 7 days before the survey. ==Physical Activity - Texas==
- Only 27.2% were physically active* for a total of at least 60 minutes per day on each of the 7 days prior to the survey.
- Participated in daily physical education:
- 37.4% of adolescents attended daily physical education classes in an average week (when they were in school).
- Physical Inactivity
- No activity: 16.0% did not participate in at least 60 minutes of physical activity on any day during the 7 days prior to the survey.
- Television viewing time: 36.3% watched television 3 or more hours per day on an average school day. The 2010 Texas School Health Profiles assessed the school environment, indicating that among high schools
- 42.8% did not sell less nutritious foods and beverages anywhere outside the school food service program.
- 9.8% always offered fruits or non-fried vegetables in vending machines and school stores, canteens, or snack bars, and during celebrations whenever foods and beverages were offered.
- 52.6% prohibited all forms of advertising and promotion of candy, fast food restaurants, or soft drinks in all locations.
What went wrong with our diet?
Instead of blaming the victim for obesity, or yourself for obesity, it is important to understand what drives the weight gain, such as insulin resistance that affects up to 71 percent of the entire population out of which 35 percent already have metabolic syndrome.
With over 20,000 books written on this topic with so much misleading information, let a trained practicing weight loss physician, Dr Prab R. Tumpati,MD educate you on the true science and art of obesity medicine.
Why the food pyramid failed?
Metabolic starvation in the obese
Most people that gain weight are not on a mission to gain weight intentionally. It is the paradoxical metabolic starvation that happens in the obese due to insulin resistance with a compensatory increase in the anabolic hormone called insulin that drives weight gain, hunger and metabolic starvation leading to food cravings, and weight gain!
3 things wrong with our diet | How insulin resistance causes weight gain? | Causes of weight gain | Skin tags and insulin resistance | Sugar rush and crash | How to lose weight? | Weight loss information
Ted Talks: Why blaming the obese is blaming the victim?
Prevalence of obesity in counties of Texas
|State||County||Obesity percent (men)||age-adjusted obesity percent (men)||percent obesity (women)||age-adjusted percent (women)|
|Texas||Deaf Smith County||33.5||33.3||29.9||30|
|Texas||El Paso County||25.2||25||21.9||21.8|
|Texas||Fort Bend County||27.5||26.8||23.1||22.5|
|Texas||Jeff Davis County||28.2||28.1||24||23.8|
|Texas||Jim Hogg County||31.6||31.6||27.5||27.6|
|Texas||Jim Wells County||32.2||31.9||28.3||28.3|
|Texas||La Salle County||30.5||30.6||26.4||26.4|
|Texas||Live Oak County||31.4||31.7||27.3||27.3|
|Texas||Palo Pinto County||30.1||30||26.2||26.1|
|Texas||Red River County||32.6||33||30.5||30.8|
|Texas||San Augustine County||30.4||30.7||27.9||28.1|
|Texas||San Jacinto County||31.8||31.8||29.1||28.8|
|Texas||San Patricio County||31.2||30.9||27.4||27.2|
|Texas||San Saba County||31.8||32||27.5||27.7|
|Texas||Tom Green County||29.8||29.7||26.8||26.9|
|Texas||Val Verde County||29.5||29.5||26||26|
|Texas||Van Zandt County||34.1||34.4||31||31.2|
Causes of weight gain in Texas
What’s causing your weight gain? - Texas weight loss
- Up to 70 percent of the population in the United States deals with being overweight or obese
- 35 percent of all adults, according to Centers for Disease Control (CDC) are prediabetic and have significant insulin resistance while another 36 percent have some signs of insulin resistance
- Diabetes has increased by over 500 percent in the last 50 years or so and now affects 8 percent of the population.
Could insulin resistance explain your weight gain?
What really causes your weight gain?
STOP Blaming The Victim For Obesity
3 things wrong with our diet | How insulin resistance causes weight gain? | Causes of weight gain | Skin tags and insulin resistance | Sugar rush and crash | Causes of weight gain | Weight loss information
Is low vitamin D due to unhealthy belly fat?
The top causes of weight gain in Texas include the following:
- Insulin resistance - use this free w8md medical weight loss centers of America's tool to check if you might be insulin resistant that causes your weight gain, especially in the tummy!
- Sleep disorders and weight gain are bidirectionally related where sleep problems lead to weight gain and weight gain in turn leads to sleep problems.
- Nutritional deficiencies are an important cause of weight gain in Texas.
- Hormonal imbalances can also cause weight gain.
- Stress related weight gain
- Genetic factors for excess weight gain
- Medication related weight gain
- other causes for weight gain in Texas
Weight loss options in Texas
- Weight loss medications - watch this youtube video on the review of the best weight loss medications for fast weight loss in Texas
- Physical activity for weight loss which only works in combination with diet as exercise on its own is shown to be pretty useless for weight loss since exercise stimulates appetite and builds heavier muscle tissue thereby negating any weight loss with calories burned. However, a combination of low calorie diet and exercise, or diet alone would work for weight loss but not exercise alone.
- Correction of insulin resistance, metabolic, sleep and other causes for weight gain in Texas for fast and effective weight loss.
- Surgical options for weight loss such as the gastric bypass surgery can be an option for some to lose weight in Texas although most might regain the weight even after surgery and a behavior weight loss program is still needed for long term weight loss success in Texas.
Texas weight loss doctor
Dr. Prab R. Tumpati, is a board certified physician with experience and training in the field of obesity medicine in addition to training in sleep medicine and internal medicine. As the founder of WikiMD, and W8MD medical weight loss centers of America, Dr. Tumpati is familiar with the concepts, science, and art of weight loss medicine. Physicians practicing in Texas interested in adding a W8MD medical weight loss program are welcome. Using telemedicine for weight loss for remote areas to provide obesity counseling and dietary, and weight loss coaching is a true miracle for many struggling to lose weight.
Texas weight loss clinics
W8MD medical weight loss centers of America is a physician supervised, non-surgical, evidence based weight loss and wellness program with offices in many states in the United States. W8MD offers a telemedicine weight loss solution for your convenience.
Lose weight in Texas from home
W8MD currently offers a convenient and very affordable telemedicine weight loss solution with certain limitations. Visit W8MD medical weight loss centers for more information.
Physicians join W8MD network of weight loss physicians
W8MD welcomes Texas physicians to join W8MD network of weight loss physicians and the unique W8MD medical weight loss centers of America's program at your medical office or clinic.
W8MD weight loss physicians understand the factors that lead to weight gain including hormonal(insulin resistance), social, environmental and genetic factors and work with each patient individually to help design a customized weight loss plan that suits their individual needs.
Insurances for weight
As the 2010 health care law or the Affordable Care Act, popularly called Obamacare, mandates health insurance coverage for obesity as it is considered a preventable medical problem. The only problem is that most medical weight loss programs may not accept health insurance although there are exceptions such as W8MD medical weight loss centers of America.
Diet for weight loss in Texas
One of the best ways to lose weight in Texas or other places safely and effectively is to consider a very low calorie diet of 800 calories with either complete or partial meal replacement using specially manufactured meal replacement weight loss supplements such as the vlcd diet from w8md medical weight loss centers of America. Understand the 5 clinically proven measures to lose weight in Philadelphia including low calorie and very low calorie diets.
Exercises for weight loss in Texas
Although exercise and physical activity is important for losing weight fast in Texas, it is important to understand it only works if used in combination with a reduced calorie diet for weight loss. Research shows that for weight loss, exercise alone is not a very useful tool for weight loss as exercise has a stimulating effect on weight loss, and it builds heavier muscle thereby compensating for any weight loss with burning of calories with exercise. Understand the role of exercise for weight loss in this youtube video from 52 weeks of weight loss and wellness video series.
Weight loss medications
In 2012, the FDA approved two new weight loss medications Qsymia and Belviq after years of rejecting many other weight loss medications. There are other traditional and time tested weight loss medications such as Phentermine, Phendimetrazine etc.
What works and what does not for losing weight?
Before and after weight loss pictures Texas
Check the testimonials, before and after weight loss pictures and reviews of W8MD medical weight loss program
* Individual results may vary!
Videos for weight loss Texas
Weight loss videos
Fast weight loss options Texas
These are the fast and effective weight loss options for losing weight in Texas.
1. FDA approved weight loss medications
3. Exercise for weight loss
Telemedicine for weight loss
World's best way to lose weight from home
Telemedicine weight loss and behavior coaching is here
For a limited number of patients, W8MD is proud to offer a 50 percent discount on the weight loss behavior coaching signup fee! The normal cost of weight loss consultation is $300.00. With the introductory 50% discount, you only pay $150.00. This offer is valid for a limited time and for a limited number of slots which get filled very fast.
How does the telemedicine weight loss coaching work?
- Step 1. The process is simple, make a Telemedicine weight loss appointment on any day at any location on an available slot.
- Step 2. Our staff will call you to confirm, and when they call you, please state you want a telemedicine weight loss appointment and a preferred time and two telephone numbers. It does not matter which available slot you choose or which physical location - Our physicians will call you at the time you choose, from the location you choose. The slot is just a way to block the time for the weight loss physician so they will that time to do the telemedicine weight loss behavior coaching for you.
- Step 3. Start losing weight with no stigmas, no wait in the doctors office, and no hassle! No surgery, No prescriptions, just dietary instructions, behavior coaching, and secrets of weight loss revealed by a trained weight loss physician and behavior coach!
Why choose W8MD telemedicine behavior coaching
Unlike other non-physician on the TV meals or other programs with fad diets, you get to speak with real weight loss physicians that understand the true causes of weight gain including insulin resistance and other factors. We can offer personalized meal plans, partial meal replacements when needed for effective weight loss. What have you got to lose besides your weight? This metabolic weight loss program is for those that tried everything else and just need an experienced weight loss doctor to explain what really is causing their weight gain and help them put on a path to a successful weight loss!
Limited time offer: The fee will be $150.00 for consultation, and $100.00 for follow up with the weight loss physician at this time. This is the one of a kind metabolic telehealth program designed to address insulin resistance that affects up to 71% of the population leading to metabolic syndrome and weight gain. Please note that this unique service may not be available in all states, countries or territories. No prescription weight loss medications can be offered without an in person evaluation. Call 1-800-W8MD-007 to learn more.
- obesity in United States
- County obesity rates United States
- Causes of weight gain
- Metabolic syndrome
- Proven measures for losing weight
Areas and territories that belong to the United States:
- AS American Samoa lose weight
- DC District of Columbia lose weight, which is the seat of the Federal government
- GU Guam lose weight
- MP Northern Mariana Islands lose weight, Commonwealth
- PR Puerto Rico lose weight, Commonwealth
- VI the United States Virgin Islands lose weight
Need help losing weight?
Weight loss services