Jump to navigation Jump to search
Verzenio (ver-ZEH-nee-oh) is a drug used to treat hormone-receptor positive (HR+), HER2-negative (HER2-) breast cancer that is advanced or has spread to other parts of the body.
- It is used with an aromatase inhibitor in postmenopausal women who have not been treated with hormone therapy.
- It is used with fulvestrant in women whose disease got worse after treatment with hormone therapy.
- Verzenio is also used alone in men and women whose disease got worse after treatment with hormone therapy and previous chemotherapy.
- It is also being studied in the treatment of other types of cancer.
- Verzenio blocks certain proteins, which may help keep cancer cells from growing. It is a type of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor.
Also called abemaciclib.
Latest research - Verzenio