Weight loss articles
obesity medicine relates to the art and science of diagnosing, and treating obesity, and more than 50 different medical problems related to obesity including metabolic syndrome, diabetes mellitus, sleep apnea, polycystic ovaries, fatty liver, acanthosis nigricans, hypertension, prediabetes, and other medical problems.
Key facts and statistics on obesity
- According to the Centers for Disease Control, more than one-third of U.S. adults (35.7%) are obese and another 35 percent are overweight. Read obesity data from CDC
- More than 190 million Americans are overweight or obese.
- Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years.
- Rates of adult obesity now exceed 20 percent in 49 states and D.C, and 25 percent in 40 states. In 1991, rates did not exceed 20 percent in a single state.
- Obesity-related conditions include heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and certain types of cancer, some of the leading causes of preventable death.
- Obesity prevalence varies from 20.5% in Colorado to 34.7% in Louisiana in 2012. No state had a prevalence of obesity less than 20%. Nine states and the District of Columbia had prevalence between 20-25%. Thirteen (13) states (Alabama, Arkansas, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, and West Virginia) had a prevalence equal to or greater than 30%.
- Higher prevalences of adult obesity were found in the Midwest (29.5%) and the South (29.4%). Lower prevalences were observed in the Northeast (25.3%) and the West (25.1%).
- 1 Causes of weight gain
- 2 Obesity trends
- 3 Secret for losing weight
- 4 Risks of weight gain
- 5 Why lose weight?
- 6 How to lose weight?
- 7 5 proven measures to lose weight
- 8 Diet for fast weight loss
- 9 Exercises for quick weight loss
- 10 Medications for rapid weight loss
- 11 Locations for safe weight loss
- 12 Weight loss centers that accept insurance
- 13 Insurance coverage for weight loss
- 14 Before and after weight loss pictures
- 15 Videos for weight loss
- 16 Common weight loss searches
- 17 Weight loss tips and secrets
- 18 How can W8MD medical weight loss centers help?
Causes of weight gain
- According to Dr. Prab R. Tumpati, MD, founder of W8MD medical weight loss centers of America, up to 71 percent of the population are insulin resistant that leads to their weight gain, especially in the tummy and upper part of the body!
Risks of weight gain
Weight gain and obesity, especially central adiposity, is associated with increased risk of over 50 different medical conditions and can be a significant burden on an individuals health, longevity and even their wallet given the high cost of obesity.
Some of the obesity related medical conditions include the following:
- Type 2 Diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Increased risk of cancers
- Gall stones
- Sleep Apnea
- Fatty liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Polycystic ovaries
- Acanthosis nigricans
- Metabolic syndrome
Why lose weight?
The reason to lose weight varies but some lose weight in order to reduce the risk of health problems related to weight gain, while others do it to look better, while yet others do it for fun! Irrespective of your reasons to lose weight, keeping a healthy weight is important. Learn more on the benefits of weight loss.
How to lose weight?
In order to lose weight safely and effectively, it is important to not only understand the causes of weight gain, such as insulin resistance, but also to understand the proven measures to lose weight.
5 proven measures to lose weight
- Correction of insulin resistance, sleep disorders,eating disrders etc. with change in behavior. (behavior therapy for weight loss)
- Very Low Calorie or Low Calorie Diet (VLCD or LCD)
- Increased physical activity in conjuction with VLCD or LCD diet
- Prescription medications
- weight-loss surgery some cases
Diet for fast weight loss
See very low calorie diet or VLCD diet for fast and effective physician supervised weight loss.
Exercises for quick weight loss
Understand the role of exercise for weight loss and note that exercise alone is useless for weight loss, according to well established research. Exercise, however, is important in the maintenance of weight loss and also for overall health and is recommended in conjuction with a VLCD diet.
Medications for rapid weight loss
Locations for safe weight loss
You may want to search online for a weight loss center in your area that accepts health insurance. If you are in an area where there is a w8md medical weight loss centers program, you can contact them. As of January, 2014, W8MD medical weight loss centers locations are as listed below.
Weight loss centers that accept insurance
- W8MD's NYC sleep and weight loss center: 2003, Bath Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11214 Ph: 1-718-946-5500
- W8MD's Philadelphia insurance sleep and weight loss: 1718, Welsh Rd, Philadelphia, PA, 19115 Ph: 1-215-676-2334
- W8MD's King Of Prussia sleep and weight loss center: 987 Old Eagle School Rd, Ste 712, Wayne, PA, 19087 Ph: 1-800-986-3007
Fee for service
- W8MD at Optimal Health, 111 High Ridge Rd, Stamford, CT 06905. Ph: 203-348-8805 Fax: 203-348-6398
Insurance coverage for weight loss
Before and after weight loss pictures
Videos for weight loss
Check out the weight loss and wellness videos on youtube.
Common weight loss searches
Weight loss, losing weight, diet for weight loss, how lose weight, who lose weight, fast weight loss etc. are just some of the common terms people search on google when it comes to losing weight. In fact, weight loss is one of the top searches on google in most markets consistently! So, let us examine what percentage of people in America actually search for weight loss products and services on the internet?
According to wordstream, the following are the top 50 weight loss search terms.
- weight loss
- weight loss diet
- weight loss program
- weight loss pills
- weight loss and
- weight loss fast
- weight loss quick
- weight loss surgery
- la weight loss
- weight loss plan
- weight loss tips
- rapid weight loss
- weight loss products
- weight loss free
- weight loss supplements
- the weight loss
- best weight loss
- weight loss capsules
- healthy weight loss
- alli weight loss
- weight loss exercise
- weight loss hypnosis
- weight loss center
- weight loss tea
- weight loss natural
- weight loss drug
- weight loss cure
- of weight loss
- weight loss prescription
- weight loss diet pill
- weight loss online
- weight loss nutrition
- weight loss how
- weight loss com
- weight loss clinic
- weight loss aid
- www weight loss
- weight loss phentermine
- weight loss medication
- weight loss hoodia
- weight loss herbal
- weight loss help
- weight loss health
- weight loss green tea
- weight loss fat
- fitness weight loss
- easy weight loss
- weight loss vitamins
- zone weight loss
- weight loss camp
Up to 50 percent of all Americans actually are trying to lose weight at any given point in time according to research and weight loss remains a topic that is hotly searched on the internet.
Also see the top 100 weight loss searches in America?
Weight loss tips and secrets
Using evidence based, proven measures to lose weight in partnership with a trained and experienced weight loss physician is the secret of losing weight.
How can W8MD medical weight loss centers help?
W8MD medical weight loss centers of America can help you understand the true causes of weight gain, so you can start your journey to losing weight! Check out these useful links. W8MD offers a network of unique weight loss and sleep medicine services that provides physician practices with a solution for patients with comprehensive sleep and weight management problems. A lack of proper sleep has been shown to affect hormones like Leptins and Ghrelins, which in turn affect weight. Weight gain is a significant risk factor for sleep disorders such as sleep apnea. Realizing the inter- connected nature of these two fields, W8MD offers a unique sleep testing service using either in- laboratory sleep testing or at home portable sleep testing, combined with state of the art medical weight management with well trained physicians knowledgeable in the field of Bariatric Medicine.