Weight loss diet
- 1 What are the diets for losing weight?
- 2 What works for weigh loss?
- 3 Sleep disorders and weigh gain?
- 4 Who will benefit from weight-loss?
- 5 Distribution of the body weight - belly fat
- 6 Metabolically obese, normal weight
- 7 Obesity trends
- 8 Secret for losing weight
- 9 How much weight should I lose?
- 10 Do not confuse healthy eating as weight loss eating
- 11 What medical problems are causes by obesity?
- 12 How to lose weight fast and reasonably safe?
- 13 Key to weight loss success
- 14 Stop blaming the victim
- 15 What went wrong with our diet?
- 16 Types of weight loss programs
- 17 Weight loss success
- 18 Where is the rest of you - motivation weight loss story
- 19 External
- 20 Need help losing weight?
- 21 Follow weight loss and wellness on social media
- 22 Sponsors
- 23 Tired of being overweight?
- 24 medical weight loss
What are the diets for losing weight?
The 5 proven measures to lose weight.
- I diet that is low in calories with either Very Low Calorie Diet of 800 calories or more, or Low calorie diet of 1000 or more calories.
- A behavior modification program to change the eating habits and behavior.
- Correction of underlying causes for weight gain
- FDA approved weight loss medications when medically appropriate
- Bariatric weight-loss surgery in select patients.
In this article, we will discuss the various weight loss diets.
Who will benefit from weight-loss?
Anybody who has the body mass index of 25 or more is considered overweight. Studies have shown that even a small amount of weight loss has significant benefits. A BMI of 18.5 to 24.9 is considered healthy while a BMI of 25 to 29.9 is considered overweight.
A BMI of 30 or more is considered to be obesityobese.
Distribution of the body weight - belly fat
Another important measure to consider for weight-loss used to know your distribution body weight.
If you have excess body weight in or around your tummy, your risk of medical problems related to your weight are increased.
Waist a circumference of over 40 inches in the mid section of the body in men or 35 inches or more in women (lower in Asians) is considered a risk factor even if your overall body weight and BMI is normal.
Metabolically obese, normal weight
It is called metabolically obese, normal weight(MONW), when your overall weight is normal but you do have a distribution of body fat issue with excess belly or tummy fat.
Since excess belly fat increases the inflammation in the body, the risk of health problems increases in those with a relatively large waist.
Secret for losing weight
How much weight should I lose?
Do not confuse healthy eating as weight loss eating
Most people make the common mistake that eating healthy is weight loss. However, it is important to recognize that losing weight requires somewhat different strategy called Very low calorie diet or low calorie diet.
What medical problems are causes by obesity?
- metabolic syndrome
- type 2 diabetes
- cardiovascular disease
- sleep apnea
- gall bladder disease
How to lose weight fast and reasonably safe?
In order to lose weight, you need to take in fewer calories than you use. You can do this by creating and following a plan for healthy eating and a plan for regular physical activity.
Key to weight loss success
The secret or key to weight loss success is to understand the true causes of weight gain such as the all too common and insulin resistance that causes not only weight gain but also metabolic starvation.
Stop blaming the victim
It is also vital to not blame the victim or yourself as insulin resistance drives the eating habits and cravings due to the metabolic starvation that happens with high insulin levels. As this compensation to insulin resistance leads to weight gain, most people with this metabolic cause of weight gain find it hard to lose weight.
What went wrong with our diet?
Instead of blaming the victim for obesity, or yourself for obesity, it is important to understand what drives the weight gain, such as insulin resistance that affects up to 71 percent of the entire population out of which 35 percent already have metabolic syndrome.
With over 20,000 books written on this topic with so much misleading information, let a trained practicing weight loss physician, Dr Prab R. Tumpati,MD educate you on the true science and art of obesity medicine.
Why the food pyramid failed?
Metabolic starvation in the obese
Most people that gain weight are not on a mission to gain weight intentionally. It is the paradoxical metabolic starvation that happens in the obese due to insulin resistance with a compensatory increase in the anabolic hormone called insulin that drives weight gain, hunger and metabolic starvation leading to food cravings, and weight gain!
Ted Talks: Why blaming the obese is blaming the victim?
It is important to work with a trained and experienced weight loss physician for fast and safe weight loss given the effects and dangers of of unmonitored weight loss. A weight loss physician will not only identify any insulin resistance, or other causes of weight gain, but also offer the right combination of measures including any appropriate weight loss medications, diet pills for appetite suppression.
Types of weight loss programs
There are two different types of weight-loss programs available for losing weight. The two main types of weight loss programs are:
clinical and nonclinical weight loss programs.
Weight loss success
3 things wrong with our diet | How insulin resistance causes weight gain? | [Causes of weight gain] | Skin tags and insulin resistance | Sugar rush and crash | Causes of weight gain | Weight loss information
Where is the rest of you - motivation weight loss story
Support our sponsors Philadelphia
King of Prussia
- Lose weight in NYC | Weight loss NYC | medical weight loss Brooklyn | Sleep apnea NYC | Lose weight Brooklyn | Lose weight Manhattan
Other W8MD blogs
- Weight loss blog | Free weight loss | Saxenda weight loss | Weight loss doctor NYC | Brooklyn weight loss | Manhattan weight loss | Philadelphia weight loss
Need help losing weight?
Weight loss services
Tired of being overweight?
W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & Medspa Pennsylvania
2632 E 21st Street Ste L2 Brooklyn New York 11235. Call 718-946-5500
New Jersey - Coming soon
W8MD can help?
Telemedicine options available.