Acanthosis nigricans literally means thickening or darkening of the skin.
It is often seen in the neck, axilla, groin, and abdomen. In darker tanned individuals, Acanthosis nigricans can present as darker lines, patches, or skin tags, black spots on the face and neck etc.
- 1 Causes of Acanthosis
- 2 Skin tags, acanthosis and insulin resistance
- 3 What’s causing your weight gain?
- 4 Could insulin resistance explain your weight gain?
- 5 What really causes your weight gain?
- 6 STOP Blaming The Victim For Obesity
- 7 Is low vitamin D due to unhealthy belly fat?
- 8 Pictures of Acanthosis
- 9 More pictures of Acanthosis Nigricans
- 10 World's largest food, health, weight loss, wellnesspedia and encyclopedia
- 11 Need help losing weight?
- 12 Follow weight loss and wellness on social media
Causes of Acanthosis
Skin tags are actually one of the commonly associated conditions with Acanthosis. According to Dr. Prab R. Tumpati, MD, skin tags, and acanthosis are early signs of the body compensating to the process called insulin resistance that causes excess weight gain in the tummy and upper part of the body.
What’s causing your weight gain?
- Up to 70 percent of the population in the United States deals with being overweight or obese
- 35 percent of all adults, according to Centers for Disease Control (CDC) are prediabetic and have significant insulin resistance while another 36 percent have some signs of insulin resistance
- Diabetes has increased by over 500 percent in the last 50 years or so and now affects 8 percent of the population.
Could insulin resistance explain your weight gain?
What really causes your weight gain?
STOP Blaming The Victim For Obesity
3 things wrong with our diet | How insulin resistance causes weight gain? | Causes of weight gain | Skin tags and insulin resistance | Sugar rush and crash | Causes of weight gain | Weight loss information
Is low vitamin D due to unhealthy belly fat?
Low vitamin D is due to excess belly fat
Pictures of Acanthosis
More pictures of Acanthosis Nigricans
Articles on Acanthosis nigricans
|Govt. policies / Guidelines|
Media articles Acanthosis nigricans
|Patient Resources / Community|
Evidence Based Medicine
|Healthcare Provider Resources|
|News on Acanthosis nigricans|
Definition of Acanthosis nigricans
|Flickr on Acanthosis nigricans|
Books on the topic
|Facebook posts Acanthosis nigricans|
Continuing medical education (CME)
|Tweets about Acanthosis nigricans|
|Pintest on Acanthosis nigricans||Commentary & #Acanthosis nigricans|
World's largest food, health, weight loss, wellnesspedia and encyclopedia
If you are a medical professional or an expert in any field of medicine, please join us in building the world's largest weight loss and wellness encyclopedia created by experts in the field, not by the crowd. WikiMD is sponsored by W8MD weight loss, sleep and medical aesthetic centers
W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & Medical Aesthetic Centers
Since its inception in 2011, W8MD’s insurance physician weight loss program has successfully helped thousands of patients succeed in not only losing weight but also keep it off with an ongoing maintenance plan.
FANTASTIC PROGRAM. TRULY A LIFE CHANGER. D.M. LOST 100 LBS^^
^^Individual results may vary.
W8MD weight loss, sleep and medical spa blogs
Support our sponsors
W8MD weight loss, sleep and medspa centers sponsors WikiMD.
W8MD's Locations for losing weight, sleeping better and looking your best
King of Prussia
Other W8MD blogs
Need help losing weight?
W8MD's 52 weeks of weight loss videos - w8md weight loss diet
Weight loss services