- REDIRECT Template:Infobox medical condition
This page is a redirect:
A chondroma is a benign cartilaginous tumor, which is encapsulated with a lobular growing pattern.
Tumor cells (chondrocytes, cartilaginous cells) resemble normal cells and produce the cartilaginous matrix (amorphous, basophilic material).
Characteristic features of this tumor include the vascular axes within the tumor, which make the distinction with normal hyaline cartilage.
- enchondroma - tumor grows within the bone and expands it
- ecchondroma - grows outward from the bone (rare)
- Media related to [[commons:Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 472: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 472: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).]] at Wikimedia Commons
- Photo in Atlas of Pathology
|This oncology article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|