Did you know?
From WikiMD free wellness and medical encyclopedia
Amazing facts you did not know on health, weight loss and wellness!
Obesity in Numbers
- With 2/3 of Americans being obese or overweight, the need is enormous to find a solution to weight management.
- Approximately 25 million U.S. children are obese or overweight. Rates of childhood obesity have more than tripled since 1980.
- Two-thirds, more than 190 million Americans are overweight or obese.
- Obesity-related diseases are a $147 billion dollar medical burden every year.
- Childhood obesity has tripled in the last thirty years.
- Rates of adult obesity now exceed 20 percent in 49 states and D.C, and 25 percent in 40 states. In 1991, rates did not exceed 20 percent in a single state.