Fitness weight loss
Understand the role of physical activity in losing weight. According to well established research, physical activity for weight loss only works if it is combined with a low calorie diet or very low calorie diet as exercise on its own is pretty useless for losing weight.
Causes and consequences of starchy, cereal based diet
'''Are cereal grains humanities double edged sword?'''
3 things wrong with our diet | How insulin resistance causes weight gain? | [Causes of weight gain] | Skin tags and insulin resistance | Sugar rush and crash | Causes of weight gain | Weight loss information
Why exercise alone is useless for weight loss?
'''Role of exercise for weight loss'''
Truth about exercise and weight loss | Why exercise alone does not work | Time article on exercise and weight loss | Bally’s fitness | For weight loss, less exercise may be more | Exercise and weight loss video
Tips for increasing your physical activity
Walking for weight loss
Walking is an easy to do, practical and effective way of increasing your physical activity. It is recommended that you walk for at least 30-60 minutes a day for good health and cardiovascular fitness.
Steps to increase physical activity
- Finding a walking partner, friend or family member can help.
- Take the stairs instead of elevators whenever possible.
- Park your car the farthest so you can walk more
- Do not use escalators when stairs are available in shopping malls
- If you work not too far, consider walking or bicycling to work.
- Find ways to increase exercise at work
- Use isometric muscle stretching and contractions even when you are sitting at your desk.
- Go to a part and walk especially on weekends
- Going to a mall and walk if there is inclement weather or too cold or hot outside
- Go hiking
- Consider participating in a marathon
- Consider joining a gym
- Join a swimming club as swimming is a nice way to burn calories fast
- Know the science that exercise, or physical activity on its own, without a restrictive diet is useless for losing weight.
- If your goal is to lose weight, a combined approach with Very low calorie diet or low calorie diet, physical activity, with weight loss pills when medically appropriate should be considered under the care of a trained and experienced weight loss physician.
Articles on Fitness weight loss
|Govt. policies / Guidelines|
Media articles Fitness weight loss
|Patient Resources / Community|
Evidence Based Medicine
|Healthcare Provider Resources|
|News on Fitness weight loss|
Definition of Fitness weight loss
|Flickr on Fitness weight loss|
Books on the topic
|Facebook posts Fitness weight loss|
Continuing medical education (CME)
|Tweets about Fitness weight loss|
|Pintest on Fitness weight loss||Commentary & #Fitness weight loss|
World's largest food, health, weight loss, wellnesspedia and encyclopedia
If you are a medical professional or an expert in any field of medicine, please join us in building the world's largest weight loss and wellness encyclopedia created by experts in the field, not by the crowd. WikiMD is sponsored by W8MD weight loss, sleep and medical aesthetic centers
W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & Medical Aesthetic Centers
Since its inception in 2011, W8MD’s insurance physician weight loss program has successfully helped thousands of patients succeed in not only losing weight but also keep it off with an ongoing maintenance plan.
FANTASTIC PROGRAM. TRULY A LIFE CHANGER. D.M. LOST 100 LBS^^
^^Individual results may vary.
W8MD weight loss, sleep and medical spa blogs
Support our sponsors
W8MD weight loss, sleep and medspa centers sponsors WikiMD.
W8MD's Locations for losing weight, sleeping better and looking your best
King of Prussia
Other W8MD blogs
Weight loss medications
In 2012, the FDA approved two new weight loss medications Qsymia and Belviq after years of rejecting many other weight loss medications. There are other traditional and time tested weight loss medications such as Phentermine, Phendimetrazine etc.
What works and what does not for losing weight?
Medications for weight loss (diet pills) reviewed!