From WikiMD free medical encyclopedia
- Coronary heart disease, the end result of the accumulation of atheromatous plaques within the walls of the arteries that supply the myocardium
- Ischaemic heart disease, a disease characterized by reduced blood supply to the heart.
- Cardiovascular disease, a class of diseases that involve the heart and/or blood vessels (arteries and veins).Implies under this category some popular diseases like: diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Pulmonary heart disease, a failure of the right side of the heart.
- Hereditary heart disease
- Hypertensive heart disease
- Inflammatory heart diseaseTemplate:Heart
|Health science - Medicine|
|Anesthesiology - Dermatology - Emergency Medicine - General practice - Intensive care medicine - Internal medicine - Neurology - Obstetrics & Gynecology - Pediatrics - Podiatry - Public Health & Occupational Medicine - Psychiatry - Radiology - Surgery|
|Branches of Internal medicine|
|Cardiology - Endocrinology - Gastroenterology - Hematology - Infectious diseases - Nephrology - Oncology - Pulmonology - Rheumatology|
|Branches of Surgery|
|General surgery - Cardiothoracic surgery - Neurosurgery - Ophthalmology - Orthopedic surgery - Otolaryngology (ENT) - Plastic surgery - Podiatric surgery - Urology - Vascular surgery|
Modified from Wikipedia's article licensed under GNU FDL