Selected anniversaries (Check back later for today's.)
Check back later for todays selected anniversaries.
Did you know?
- Up to 71% of Americans are insulin resistant leading to weight gain in the belly and upper part of the body.
- 35 percent of all Americans have metabolic syndrome or prediabetes.
- The estimated annual medical cost of obesity in the United States was $147 billion in 2008 US dollars; the medical cost for people who have obesity was $1,429 higher than those of normal weight.
- More obesity facts from the Center for Disease Control(CDC).
Amazing facts about human body
- The human body contains 30 000 billion red blood cells. The human body is estimated to have 60,000 miles of blood vessels.
- The human heart beats 30 million times a year.
- You have no sense of smell when you're sleeping.
- You burn more calories while sleeping than you do when watching television.
Today's featured article
Wiki is the way to go for Medicine
According to Peter Frishauf, founder of Medscape, something like Wikipedia For Medicine is The Future!
"For readers, Wikipedia is a win. In traditional publishing, readers must wade through many articles on a subject, each written by a few experts, published at 1 moment in time. In Wikipedia you read 1 living article written by many, continually updated by many. Who needs 50 articles on avian flu when 1 will do? And Wikipedia content is often the best on the Web, which means the best anywhere. For writers, Wikipedia offers neither authorship, recognition, reward, nor punishment. Articles aren't indexed, but with Google and Yahoo!, who needs it? The motivation for writing is love of information and a desire to share it. I say a variant of Wikipedia for medicine is the future -- and it's good."
The vision of WikiMD is exactly that! I.e. To be a comprehensive and free source of medical information for all with articles on everything related to medicine and linking everything related to health on the internet. Join us in this unique effort and contribute to wikiMD.
Gray's Anatomy | Usmle Step 3 CCS cases | Step3CCS | Asters Notes I |CSA&CS | Usmle Step1 | Free Medical Resources | Lipitor
From today's featured list
WikiMD's current projects