Pennsylvania weight loss
As the nations thirty third biggest state and, the sixth most inhabited, Pennsylvania has a significant obesity rates. The state's four most inhabited cities of Philadelphia (also called City of Brotherly Love), Pittsburgh, Allentown, and Erie are no exception to the obesity or being overweight!
In fact, the big cities have a significantly higher proportion of the obese due to the minority populations being higher in the inner cities where obesity tends to be worse. In this article, we will review the causes, consequences, treatment options, locations, insurances and all relevant weight loss issues that people in Pennsylvania face on a regular basis when trying to lose weight.
- 65.0% were overweight, with a Body Mass Index of twenty five plus
- 28.6% were corpulent, with a Body Mass Index of thirty plus
Physical Activity levels in Pennsylvania
- 44.3% of adults achieved at least 300 minutes a week of moderate-intensity aerobic physical activity or 150 minutes a week of vigorous-intensity aerobic activity(or an equivalent combination).
- 25.7% of Pennsylvania’s adults reported that during the past month, they had not participated in any physical activity.
Dietary habits of Pennsylvanians
- 35.5% of adults reported having consumed fruits at the recommended level of 2 or more times per day.
- 25.1% of adults reported having consumed vegetables at the recommended level of 3 or more times per day
Childhood obesity in Pennsylvania
Children and Adolescent Overweight and fat statistics Pennsylvania
Among Pennsylvania’s adolescents in grades nine through twelve two
- 15.9% were overweight (≥ eighty fifth and < ninety fifth percentiles for BMI by age and sex)
- 11.8% were corpulent (≥95th mark BMI by age and sex)
Unhealthy Dietary Behaviors of Pennsyvlanians
- Fruit consumption: 68.8% ate fruits or drank 100% fruit juice less than 2 times per day during the 7 days before the survey (100% fruit juice or fruit).
- Vegetable consumption: 86.3% ate vegetables less than 3 times per day during the 7 days before the survey(green salad;potatoes, excluding French fries, fried potatoes, or potato chips; carrots; or other vegetables).
- Sugar-sweetened beverage consumption: 25.7% drank a can, bottle, or glass of soda or pop (not including diet soda or diet pop) at least one time per day during the 7 days before the survey.
Physical Activity in Adolescents Pennsylvania
- Achieved recommended level of activity: Only 27.7% were physically active for a total of at least 60 minutes per day on each of the 7 days prior to the survey.
- Participated in daily physical education: 20.9% of adolescents attended daily physical education classes in an average week (when they were in school).
Physical Inactivity in adolescents in Pennsyvlania
- 13.1% did not participate in at least 60 minutes of physical activity on any day during the 7 days prior to the survey.
- Television viewing time: 30.8% watched television 3 or more hours per day on an average school day.
- 41.4% did not sell less nutritious foods and beverages anywhere outside the school food service program.
- 17.9% always offered fruits or non-fried vegetables in vending machines and school stores, canteens, or snack bars, and during celebrations whenever foods and beverages were offered.
Early childhood obesity Pennsylvania
Among Pennsylvania’s children aged 2 years to less than 5 years
- 14.9% were overweight (85th to < 95th percentile BMI-for-Age).
- 12.0% were obese (≥ 95th percentile BMI-for-Age).
Adult Obesity by county in Pennsylvania
|State||County||Obesity percent (men)||Age-adjusted obesity percent (men)||Percent obesity (women)||Age-adjusted percent (women)|
|Pennsylvania||Adams County Obesity||29.1||28.7||27.5||26.7|
|Pennsylvania||Allegheny County Obesity||29||28.6||25.8||25.2|
|Pennsylvania||Armstrong County Obesity||32.3||31.9||29.6||28.9|
|Pennsylvania||Beaver County Obesity||30.4||30.1||29.8||29|
|Pennsylvania||Bedford County Obesity||33.9||33.9||32.8||32.1|
|Pennsylvania||Berks County Obesity||28.6||28.2||26.8||26.1|
|Pennsylvania||Blair County Obesity||33.7||33.2||33.1||32.3|
|Pennsylvania||Bradford County Obesity||35.3||35.3||34.4||33.8|
|Pennsylvania||Bucks County Obesity||27||26.5||24.5||23.6|
|Pennsylvania||Butler County Obesity||30.4||30.2||27.9||26.9|
|Pennsylvania||Cambria County Obesity||37.2||37||35.3||34.7|
|Pennsylvania||Cameron County Obesity||30.3||30||28||26.8|
|Pennsylvania||Carbon County Obesity||33.1||32.9||31.4||30.5|
|Pennsylvania||Centre County Obesity||25.7||26||24.5||24.8|
|Pennsylvania||Chester County Obesity||23.6||23.2||20.9||20.2|
|Pennsylvania||Clarion County Obesity||32.8||32.8||30.7||30.4|
|Pennsylvania||Clearfield County Obesity||30.2||29.9||28.3||27.3|
|Pennsylvania||Clinton County Obesity||32.3||32.3||30.7||30.3|
|Pennsylvania||Columbia County Obesity||33.6||33.6||33||32.8|
|Pennsylvania||Crawford County Obesity||29.9||29.5||29.8||29|
|Pennsylvania||Cumberland County Obesity||27.1||26.7||24||23.3|
|Pennsylvania||Dauphin County Obesity||31.8||31.6||32.5||32|
|Pennsylvania||Delaware County Obesity||27.9||27.7||28.1||27.6|
|Pennsylvania||Elk County Obesity||32.2||31.9||30.2||29.5|
|Pennsylvania||Erie County Obesity||28.6||28.5||28.1||27.6|
|Pennsylvania||Fayette County Obesity||35.3||35.1||33.8||33.5|
|Pennsylvania||Forest County Obesity||32.8||32.8||31.9||30.8|
|Pennsylvania||Franklin County Obesity||33.1||33||31.8||31.1|
|Pennsylvania||Fulton County Obesity||31.5||31.3||30.1||29.3|
|Pennsylvania||Greene County Obesity||31.6||31.3||29.8||29|
|Pennsylvania||Huntingdon County Obesity||30.3||30.1||28.2||27.5|
|Pennsylvania||Indiana County Obesity||30.4||30.2||29.1||28.7|
|Pennsylvania||Jefferson County Obesity||30.3||30.2||28.2||27.3|
|Pennsylvania||Juniata County Obesity||31.6||31.3||29.9||29.2|
|Pennsylvania||Lackawanna County Obesity||26.5||26.2||23.5||22.7|
|Pennsylvania||Lancaster County Obesity||28||27.8||28.5||28|
|Pennsylvania||Lawrence County Obesity||29.2||28.8||27.4||26.9|
|Pennsylvania||Lebanon County Obesity||33.5||33.2||30.7||30.1|
|Pennsylvania||Lehigh County Obesity||28.9||28.7||27||26.5|
|Pennsylvania||Luzerne County Obesity||31.4||31.1||28.3||27.6|
|Pennsylvania||Lycoming County Obesity||31.6||31||31||30.3|
|Pennsylvania||McKean County Obesity||32.9||32.8||30.8||30.3|
|Pennsylvania||Mercer County Obesity||31.5||31.4||30.2||29.6|
|Pennsylvania||Mifflin County Obesity||31.7||31.5||28.8||28.2|
|Pennsylvania||Monroe County Obesity||28.4||27.9||28||27.1|
|Pennsylvania||Montgomery County Obesity||25.5||25.1||22.6||21.9|
|Pennsylvania||Montour County Obesity||31.2||30.9||29.3||28.5|
|Pennsylvania||Northampton County Obesity||29.8||29.6||28.2||27.4|
|Pennsylvania||Northumberland County Obesity||34.7||34.6||33.8||33.5|
|Pennsylvania||Perry County Obesity||31.4||31||30.1||29.2|
|Pennsylvania||Philadelphia County Obesity||27.5||27.4||33.2||33.1|
|Pennsylvania||Pike County Obesity||31.5||31.3||30.9||29.7|
|Pennsylvania||Potter County Obesity||32.1||31.8||31||30.1|
|Pennsylvania||Schuylkill County Obesity||34||34||32||31.3|
|Pennsylvania||Snyder County Obesity||33.8||33.6||33.3||32.5|
|Pennsylvania||Somerset County Obesity||31.7||31.3||30.8||30|
|Pennsylvania||Sullivan County Obesity||32.7||32.7||31.7||30.6|
|Pennsylvania||Susquehanna County Obesity||33.1||32.9||31.9||30.9|
|Pennsylvania||Tioga County Obesity||33||33||31.3||30.7|
|Pennsylvania||Union County Obesity||29.7||29.6||29.1||28.5|
|Pennsylvania||Venango County Obesity||32.7||32.3||31.3||30.2|
|Pennsylvania||Warren County Obesity||31.6||31.4||30.7||29.9|
|Pennsylvania||Washington County Obesity||29.5||29.2||26.1||25.4|
|Pennsylvania||Wayne County Obesity||29.9||29.5||28||26.6|
|Pennsylvania||Westmoreland County Obesity||30.3||30||26.5||25.6|
|Pennsylvania||Wyoming County Obesity||32.7||32.5||31.6||30.9|
|Pennsylvania||York County Obesity||34.1||33.9||31.7||31|
Causes of weight gain in Pennsylvania
What’s causing your weight gain?
- Up to 70 percent of the population in the United States deals with being overweight or obese
- 35 percent of all adults, according to Centers for Disease Control (CDC) are prediabetic and have significant insulin resistance while another 36 percent have some signs of insulin resistance
- Diabetes has increased by over 500 percent in the last 50 years or so and now affects 8 percent of the population.
Could insulin resistance explain your weight gain?
What really causes your weight gain?
STOP Blaming The Victim For Obesity
3 things wrong with our diet | How insulin resistance causes weight gain? | Causes of weight gain | Skin tags and insulin resistance | Sugar rush and crash | Causes of weight gain | Weight loss information
Is low vitamin D due to unhealthy belly fat?
The top causes of weight gain in Pennsylvania include the following:
- Insulin resistance - use this free w8md medical weight loss centers of America's tool to check if you might be insulin resistant that causes your weight gain, especially in the tummy!
- Eating disorders are a common cause of weight gain in Pennsylvania and other parts of the United States
- Sleep disorders and weight gain are bidirectionally related where sleep problems lead to weight gain and weight gain in turn leads to sleep problems.
- Nutritional deficiencies are an important cause of weight gain in Pennsylvania.
- Hormonal imbalances can also cause weight gain.
- Stress related weight gain
- Genetic factors for excess weight gain
- other causes for weight gain in Pennsylvania
Weight loss options in Pennsylvania
In order to lose weight, understand the proven options to lose weight in Pennsylvania including the following.
- Low calorie diet (LCD), or Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD)
- Weight loss medications - watch this youtube video on the review of the best weight loss medications for fast weight loss in Pennsylvania
- Physical activity for weight loss which only works in combination with diet as exercise on its own is shown to be pretty useless for weight loss since exercise stimulates appetite and builds heavier muscle tissue thereby negating any weight loss with calories burned. However, a combination of low calorie diet and exercise, or diet alone would work for weight loss but not exercise alone.
- Correction of insulin resistance, metabolic, sleep and other causes for weight gain in Pennsylvania for fast and effective weight loss.
- Surgical options for weight loss such as the gastric bypass surgery can be an option for some to lose weight in Pennsylvania although most might regain the weight even after surgery and a behavior weight loss program is still needed for long term weight loss success in Pennsylvania.
Epidemic of type 2 diabetes in Pennsylvania
The incidence of type 2 diabetes has gone up as much as 500 percent in Pennsylvania as in the rest of the United States. This shows the underlying cause of obesity is in fact insulin resistance which was traditionally misunderstood and thought to be a result of obesity but new evidence shows that it is the underlying insulin resistance that affects up to 71 percent of the population that leads to metabolic starvation leading to overeating and further weight gain.
Type 2 diabetes in Pennsylvania
|State||FIPS Code||County||Number of New Cases of Diabetes||Age-adjusted Rate per 1000||Age-adjusted Lower Confidence Limit||Age-adjusted Upper Confidence Limit||Age-adjusted Obesity Percent|
Childhood obesity in Pennsylvania
32.6% of young kids in grades K-6 and 34.1% of young kids in degrees 7-12 are described as being overweight or obese.
Obese young kids are more expected to have–
- High blood pressure and high cholesterol
- bigger risk of weakened glucose tolerance, insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes.
- respiring difficulties, such as sleep apnea, and asthma.
- osteoarthritis and musculoskeletal discomfort.
- Fatty liver, gallstones, and gastro-esophageal reflux (i.e., heartburn).
Obese young kids are more expected to become obese adults with potential for other serious wellbeing conditions - heart infection, diabetes, and some cancers.
Roughly 36.6% of PA adults (18+) are advised overweight vs. 36.2% nationally. About 29.2% are obese vs. 27.6 % nationally.
Cost of obesity in Pennsylvania
Obesity-related conditions include coronary artery disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and certain kinds of cancerous diseaseous disease CDC 2008 – approximated health charges affiliated with obesity $147 billion; Average Cost $1,429 higher for persons who are obese
Health Disparities in Pennsylvania
There are important racial and ethnic disparities in obesity prevalence amidst U.S. children and adolescents. In 2007—2008, Hispanic young men, aged 2 to 19 years, were considerably more expected to be obese than non-Hispanic white young men, and non-Hispanic black young women were considerably more expected to be obese than non-Hispanic white girls.
- In Pennsylvania, non-Hispanic blacks have the highest rates of obesity (approx 41%;), Hispanics (approx 34%), and non-Hispanic whites (29%)
- Nationally, non-Hispanic blacks have the highest rates of obesity (44.1%), Hispanics (37.9%) and non-Hispanic whites (32.6%)
Pennsylvania weight loss doctor
Dr. Prab R. Tumpati, is a board certified physician with experience and training in the field of obesity medicine in addition to training in sleep medicine and internal medicine. As the founder of WikiMD, and W8MD medical weight loss centers of America, Dr. Tumpati is familiar with the concepts, science, and art of weight loss medicine.
2632 E 21st Street Ste L2 Brooklyn New York 11235.
W8MD's insurance weight loss program
W8MD can help?
Dr Tumpati is a board certified physician with significant practice experience in managing sleep disorders, internal medicine, aesthetic and obesity medicine. As one of the few physicians that have the privilege of a fellowship training in Obesity Medicine, Dr Tumpati is very passionate about educating the public and physicians about how some of the nutritional concepts were misunderstood. As the founder of W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep and MedSpa centers, Dr Tumpati is the medical director for the New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania locations and commutes weekly between the locations.
Places for Pennsylvania weight loss
- W8MD’s insurance weight loss programs one of the best ways to lose weight fast in NYC, King Of Prussia, Philadelphia, New Jersey and other places.
Pennsylvania weight loss clinics
W8MD medical weight loss centers of America is a physician supervised, non-surgical, evidence based weight loss and wellness program with offices in many states in the United States. Unlike the many "Cash Only" weight loss centers, most w8md medical weight loss centers do accept health insurance for the weight loss physician visits.
Started by two practicing weight loss physicians, Dr. Henry C. Sobo, and http://www.about.me/w8md Dr. Prab R. Tumpati, MD], W8MD medical weight loss centers of America understands the role nutrition plays and help patients not only lose weight but also lead a healthy life style. Having successfully helped thousands of patients, W8MD physicians understand the factors that lead to weight gain including hormonal(insulin resistance), social, environmental and genetic factors and work with each patient individually to help design a customized weight loss plan that suits their individual needs.
Insurances for weight in Pennsylvania
As the 2010 health care law or Affordable Care Act, popularly called Obamacare, mandates health insurance coverage for obesity as it is considered a preventable medical problem. [htt://www.W8MD medical weight loss centers of America's] locations in North East Philadelphia, King of Prussia, and Exton and Brooklyn, New York weight loss locations do accept most health insurances for physician weight loss visits.
Partial list of insurances accepted for weight loss
- American Postal Workers Union Weight Loss
- Americhoice Weight Loss
- Amerihealth Administrator Weight Loss
- Amerihealth HMO&PPO Weight Loss
- Beech Street Weight Loss
- Highmark BC/BS Affiliates Weight Loss
- Horizon BC/BS Affiliates Weight Loss
- Independence BC/BS Affiliates Weight Loss
- BRAVO Weight Loss
- CIGNA-PA/DE Weight Loss
- GREATWEST-One Health Plan of PA Weight Loss
- Keystone Health Plan East Weight Loss
- Keystone 65 Weight Loss
- Keystone Mercy Weight Loss
- Medicare Weight Loss
- Multiplan, Inc Weight Loss
- Medicaid/ Medical Assistance – PA Weight Loss
- Prudential Healthcare System Weight Loss
- Teamster Health & Welfare Fund Weight Loss
- Tricare Weight Loss
- Personal Choice Weight Loss
Diet for weight loss in Pennsylvania
One of the best ways to lose weight in Pennsylvania or other places safely and effectively is to consider a very low calorie diet of 800 calories with either complete or partial meal replacement using specially manufactured meal replacement weight loss supplements such as the vlcd diet from w8md medical weight loss centers of America. Understand the 5 clinically proven measures to lose weight in Philadelphia including low calorie and very low calorie diets.
Exercises for weight loss in Pennsylvania
Although exercise is important for losing weight fast in Pennsylvania, it is important to understand it only works if used in combination with a reduced calorie diet for weight loss. Research shows that for weight loss, exercise alone is not a very useful tool for weight loss as exercise has a stimulating effect on weight loss, and it builds heavier muscle thereby compensating for any weight loss with burning of calories with exercise. Understand the role of exercise for weight loss in this youtube video from 52 weeks of weight loss and wellness video series.
Medications for weight loss in Pennsylvania
Weight loss medications
In 2012, the FDA approved two new weight loss medications Qsymia and Belviq after years of rejecting many other weight loss medications. There are other traditional and time tested weight loss medications such as Phentermine, Phendimetrazine etc.
What works and what does not for losing weight?
Learn about the best weight loss medication for fast and effective weight loss in Pennsylvania.
Before and after weight loss pictures Pennsylvania
Check the testimonials, before and after weight loss pictures and reviews of W8MD medical weight loss program
* Individual results may vary!
Videos for weight loss Pennsylvania
Weight loss videos
Fast weight loss options Pennsylvania
These are the fast and effective weight loss options for losing weight in Pennsylvania.
1. FDA approved weight loss medications
2. Very Low Calorie Diets
3. Exercise for weight loss
4. Correction of metabolic causes of weight gain
5. Bariatric surgery for weight loss in Philadelphia
Locations for weight loss Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia Insurance Weight Loss Center':1718, Welsh Rd, Philadelphia, PA, 19115 Ph: 1-215-676-2334
- King Of Prussia Weight Loss Center at 987 Old Eagle School Rd, Ste 712, Wayne, PA, 19087 Ph: 1-800-986-3007 Lose weight appointments Philadelphia
- New weight loss location in Exton: W8MD's unique insurance medical weight loss program is now available at [New Path MD PC, Dr Marcus Williams: Exton Medical Arts Building 80 West Welsh Pool Road Suite 101S, Exton, PA 19341 Phone: (484) 483-2745.
World's best way to lose weight from home
Telemedicine weight loss and behavior coaching is here
For a limited number of patients, W8MD is proud to offer a 50 percent discount on the weight loss behavior coaching signup fee! The normal cost of weight loss consultation is $300.00. With the introductory 50% discount, you only pay $150.00. This offer is valid for a limited time and for a limited number of slots which get filled very fast.
How does the telemedicine weight loss coaching work?
- Step 1. The process is simple, make a Telemedicine weight loss appointment on any day at any location on an available slot.
- Step 2. Our staff will call you to confirm, and when they call you, please state you want a telemedicine weight loss appointment and a preferred time and two telephone numbers. It does not matter which available slot you choose or which physical location - Our physicians will call you at the time you choose, from the location you choose. The slot is just a way to block the time for the weight loss physician so they will that time to do the telemedicine weight loss behavior coaching for you.
- Step 3. Start losing weight with no stigmas, no wait in the doctors office, and no hassle! No surgery, No prescriptions, just dietary instructions, behavior coaching, and secrets of weight loss revealed by a trained weight loss physician and behavior coach!
Why choose W8MD telemedicine behavior coaching
Unlike other non-physician on the TV meals or other programs with fad diets, you get to speak with real weight loss physicians that understand the true causes of weight gain including insulin resistance and other factors. We can offer personalized meal plans, partial meal replacements when needed for effective weight loss. What have you got to lose besides your weight? This metabolic weight loss program is for those that tried everything else and just need an experienced weight loss doctor to explain what really is causing their weight gain and help them put on a path to a successful weight loss!
Limited time offer: The fee will be $150.00 for consultation, and $100.00 for follow up with the weight loss physician at this time. This is the one of a kind metabolic telehealth program designed to address insulin resistance that affects up to 71% of the population leading to metabolic syndrome and weight gain. Please note that this unique service may not be available in all states, countries or territories. No prescription weight loss medications can be offered without an in person evaluation. Call 1-800-W8MD-007 to learn more.
Counties and cities of Pennsylvania for losing weight
Cities of Pennsylvania
Areas and territories that belong to the United States:
- AS American Samoa lose weight
- DC District of Columbia lose weight, which is the seat of the Federal government
- GU Guam lose weight
- MP Northern Mariana Islands lose weight, Commonwealth
- PR Puerto Rico lose weight, Commonwealth
- VI the United States Virgin Islands lose weight
World's largest food, health, weight loss, wellnesspedia and encyclopedia
If you are a medical professional or an expert in any field of medicine, please join us in building the world's largest weight loss and wellness encyclopedia created by experts in the field, not by the crowd. WikiMD is sponsored by W8MD weight loss, sleep and medical aesthetic centers
W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & Medical Aesthetic Centers
Since its inception in 2011, W8MD’s insurance physician weight loss program has successfully helped thousands of patients succeed in not only losing weight but also keep it off with an ongoing maintenance plan.
FANTASTIC PROGRAM. TRULY A LIFE CHANGER. D.M. LOST 100 LBS^^
^^Individual results may vary.
W8MD weight loss, sleep and medical spa blogs
Support our sponsors
W8MD weight loss, sleep and medspa centers sponsors WikiMD.
W8MD's Locations for losing weight, sleeping better and looking your best
King of Prussia
Other W8MD blogs
Need help losing weight?
Weight loss services