Information about Prednisone
Prednisone (pred' ni sone) is a synthetic, intermediate acting glucocorticoid that is widely used in the therapy of severe inflammation, autoimmune conditions, hypersensitivity reactions and organ rejection.
Mechanism of action of Prednisone
Prednisone is converted to prednisolone, its active form, in the liver.
Dosage and administration for Prednisone
Prednisone is available in multiple generic forms in tablets of 1, 2.5, 5, 10, 20 and 50 mg and as oral solutions.
Clinical use of Prednisone
Four times more potent that cortisol, prednisone is used in varying doses, with 5 mg daily being considered physiologic doses in adults. Template:Corticosteroids
Cost and Coupons - Prednisone
- GoodRx compare cost & coupons for Prednisone
- Find the lowest cost of Prednisone
- Search for Coupons for Prednisone
Reviews for Prednisone
Articles on Prednisone
Learn more about Prednisone
- According to Peter Frishauf, founder of Medscape, wiki is the future of medicine!
- Knowledge is power. Let us empower the people! Join WikiMD and be an editor.
WikiMD resources for Prednisone
The following chart shows the WikiMD resources in a 360 degree point of view bringing together resources from scientific articles to social media. Social Media on Prednisone