An inorganic salt of fluoride used topically or in municipal water fluoridation systems to prevent dental caries. Fluoride appears to bind to calcium ions in the hydroxyapatite of surface tooth enamel, preventing corrosion of tooth enamel by acids. This agent may also inhibit acid production by commensal oral bacteria. Check for [https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/clinical-trials/intervention/C832 ACTIVE CLINICAL TRIALS This article is a stub. YOU can help Wikimd by expanding it!
Articles on Sodium fluoride
- UpToDate on Sodium fluoride
- NIH NLH drug info on Sodium fluoride
- Read Wikipedia's article on Sodium fluoride
Learn more about Sodium fluoride
- Dailymed label info on Sodium fluoride
- Scientific articles on Sodium fluoride
- Images for Sodium fluoride
Find something you can improve? Join WikiMD as an an editor and help improve this page or others.