- 1 Adult obesity in United States
- 2 Childhood obesity in USA
- 3 What’s causing your weight gain?
- 4 Could insulin resistance explain your weight gain?
- 5 What really causes your weight gain?
- 6 STOP Blaming The Victim For Obesity
- 7 Is low vitamin D due to unhealthy belly fat?
- 8 Why blaming the victim does not help for obesity?
- 9 What went wrong with our diet?
- 10 Ted Talks: Why blaming the obese is blaming the victim?
- 11 Obesity Statistics by state in the United States
- 12 World's best way to lose weight from home
- 13 Telemedicine weight loss and behavior coaching is here
- 14 How does the telemedicine weight loss coaching work?
- 15 Why choose W8MD telemedicine behavior coaching
- 16 Proven treatment options for obesity
- 17 What works for weigh loss?
- 18 Sleep disorders and weigh gain?
- 19 World's largest food, health, weight loss, wellnesspedia and encyclopedia
- 20 Need help losing weight?
- 21 Follow weight loss and wellness on social media
Adult obesity in United States
About 35.9% (2009-2010) percent of adults age 20 years and over who are obese according the Centers for Disease Control and taking both overweight and obesity, about 69.2% of all adults are either overweight or obese.
Childhood obesity in USA
According to the data available from the CDC(2009-2010), about 18.4% of adolescents age 12-19 years who are obese. Also 18% of 6-11 year olds, and and 12.1% of 2-5 year olds are also considered obese.
What’s causing your weight gain?
- Up to 70 percent of the population in the United States deals with being overweight or obese
- 35 percent of all adults, according to Centers for Disease Control (CDC) are prediabetic and have significant insulin resistance while another 36 percent have some signs of insulin resistance
- Diabetes has increased by over 500 percent in the last 50 years or so and now affects 8 percent of the population.
Could insulin resistance explain your weight gain?
What really causes your weight gain?
STOP Blaming The Victim For Obesity
3 things wrong with our diet | How insulin resistance causes weight gain? | Causes of weight gain | Skin tags and insulin resistance | Sugar rush and crash | Causes of weight gain | Weight loss information
Is low vitamin D due to unhealthy belly fat?
Thanks to the failed food pyramid, the obesity rate steadily increased over the last few decades. Affecting up to 70 percent of the population of the United States, overweight status, obesity put significant drag on both the society and an individual with enormous economic, and health related costs.
Why blaming the victim does not help for obesity?
Although most people consciously or subconsciously tend to judge and blame the obese, in most situations, there are factors beyond the immediate control of the individual that cause weight gain such as [[insulin resistance.
What went wrong with our diet?
Instead of blaming the victim for obesity, or yourself for obesity, it is important to understand what drives the weight gain, such as insulin resistance that affects up to 71 percent of the entire population out of which 35 percent already have metabolic syndrome.
With over 20,000 books written on this topic with so much misleading information, let a trained practicing weight loss physician, Dr Prab R. Tumpati,MD educate you on the true science and art of obesity medicine.
Why the food pyramid failed?
Metabolic starvation in the obese
Most people that gain weight are not on a mission to gain weight intentionally. It is the paradoxical metabolic starvation that happens in the obese due to insulin resistance with a compensatory increase in the anabolic hormone called insulin that drives weight gain, hunger and metabolic starvation leading to food cravings, and weight gain!
3 things wrong with our diet | How insulin resistance causes weight gain? | Causes of weight gain | Skin tags and insulin resistance | Sugar rush and crash | How to lose weight? | Weight loss information
Ted Talks: Why blaming the obese is blaming the victim?
Obesity Statistics by state in the United States
|State and District of Columbia||Obese adults||Overweight (incl. obese) adults||Obese children and adolescents||Obesity rank|
|District of Columbia||22.1%||55.0%||14.8%||43|
World's best way to lose weight from home
Telemedicine weight loss and behavior coaching is here
For a limited number of patients, W8MD is proud to offer a 50 percent discount on the weight loss behavior coaching signup fee! The normal cost of weight loss consultation is $300.00. With the introductory 50% discount, you only pay $150.00. This offer is valid for a limited time and for a limited number of slots which get filled very fast.
How does the telemedicine weight loss coaching work?
- Step 1. The process is simple, make a Telemedicine weight loss appointment on any day at any location on an available slot.
- Step 2. Our staff will call you to confirm, and when they call you, please state you want a telemedicine weight loss appointment and a preferred time and two telephone numbers. It does not matter which available slot you choose or which physical location - Our physicians will call you at the time you choose, from the location you choose. The slot is just a way to block the time for the weight loss physician so they will that time to do the telemedicine weight loss behavior coaching for you.
- Step 3. Start losing weight with no stigmas, no wait in the doctors office, and no hassle! No surgery, No prescriptions, just dietary instructions, behavior coaching, and secrets of weight loss revealed by a trained weight loss physician and behavior coach!
Why choose W8MD telemedicine behavior coaching
Unlike other non-physician on the TV meals or other programs with fad diets, you get to speak with real weight loss physicians that understand the true causes of weight gain including insulin resistance and other factors. We can offer personalized meal plans, partial meal replacements when needed for effective weight loss. What have you got to lose besides your weight? This metabolic weight loss program is for those that tried everything else and just need an experienced weight loss doctor to explain what really is causing their weight gain and help them put on a path to a successful weight loss!
Limited time offer: The fee will be $150.00 for consultation, and $100.00 for follow up with the weight loss physician at this time. This is the one of a kind metabolic telehealth program designed to address insulin resistance that affects up to 71% of the population leading to metabolic syndrome and weight gain. Please note that this unique service may not be available in all states, countries or territories. No prescription weight loss medications can be offered without an in person evaluation. Call 1-800-W8MD-007 to learn more.
Proven treatment options for obesity
Areas and territories that belong to the United States:
- AS American Samoa lose weight
- DC District of Columbia lose weight, which is the seat of the Federal government
- GU Guam lose weight
- MP Northern Mariana Islands lose weight, Commonwealth
- PR Puerto Rico lose weight, Commonwealth
- VI the United States Virgin Islands lose weight
World's largest food, health, weight loss, wellnesspedia and encyclopedia
If you are a medical professional or an expert in any field of medicine, please join us in building the world's largest weight loss and wellness encyclopedia created by experts in the field, not by the crowd. WikiMD is sponsored by W8MD weight loss, sleep and medical aesthetic centers
W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & Medical Aesthetic Centers
Since its inception in 2011, W8MD’s insurance physician weight loss program has successfully helped thousands of patients succeed in not only losing weight but also keep it off with an ongoing maintenance plan.
FANTASTIC PROGRAM. TRULY A LIFE CHANGER. D.M. LOST 100 LBS^^
^^Individual results may vary.
W8MD weight loss, sleep and medical spa blogs
Support our sponsors
W8MD weight loss, sleep and medspa centers sponsors WikiMD.
W8MD's Locations for losing weight, sleeping better and looking your best
King of Prussia
Other W8MD blogs
Need help losing weight?
Weight loss services