Weight loss com
- 1 20 tips for losing weight
- 1.1 Weight loss tip 1 - reduce calories
- 1.2 Weight loss tip 2 - Understand insulin resistance
- 1.3 What’s causing your weight gain?
- 1.4 Could insulin resistance explain your weight gain?
- 1.5 What really causes your weight gain?
- 1.6 STOP Blaming The Victim For Obesity
- 1.7 Is low vitamin D due to unhealthy belly fat?
- 1.8 Weight loss tip 3 - Physical activity for weight loss
- 1.9 Causes and consequences of starchy, cereal based diet
- 1.10 Why exercise alone is useless for weight loss?
- 1.11 Weight loss tip 4 - stop blaming the victim for weight gain
- 1.12 What went wrong with our diet?
- 1.13 Ted Talks: Why blaming the obese is blaming the victim?
- 1.14 Weight loss tip 5 - Understand the role of Very low calorie diet
- 1.15 Weight loss tip 6 - Set a realistic weight loss goal
- 1.16 Weight loss tip 7 - Understand the role of medications
- 1.17 Weight loss medications
- 1.18 New weight loss medications Qsymia and Belviq
- 1.19 Weight loss tip 9 - Start the day right
- 1.20 Weight loss tip 10 - never eat until full, only until satisfied
- 1.21 Weight loss tip 11 - check glycemic index of all foods
- 1.22 Weight loss tip 12 - take a break in the meal
- 1.23 Weight loss tip 13 - Keep on eye on the portions
- 1.24 Weight loss tip 14 - Do not eat before going to bed
- 1.25 Weight loss tip 15 - Limit cereal grains in the diet
- 1.26 Weight loss tip 16 - Reduce eating out
- 1.27 Weight loss tip 17 - Watch alcohol intake
- 1.28 Weight loss tip 18 - Sleep better
- 1.29 Tired of being overweight? W8MD can help
- 1.30 W8MD's insurance weight loss program
- 1.31 Weight loss tip 19 - Avoid unhealthy snacks
- 1.32 Weight loss tip 20 - Work with a trained weight loss doctor
- 1.33 World's largest food, health, weight loss, wellnesspedia and encyclopedia
- 1.34 Need help losing weight?
- 1.35 Follow weight loss and wellness on social media
20 tips for losing weight
Here are 20 of the best weight loss tips for fast weight loss.
Weight loss tip 1 - reduce calories
Plan when and where you are going to exercise and write it down
Stick to your daily calorie intake – 1,000kcal for women and 1,200kcal for men.
Weight loss tip 2 - Understand insulin resistance
Without truly understanding the true causes of [weight gain]] such as insulin resistance, you cannot go nowhere. In fact, is the most commonly misunderstood and often the most important cause of weight gain,
What’s causing your weight gain?
- Up to 70 percent of the population in the United States deals with being overweight or obese
- 35 percent of all adults, according to Centers for Disease Control (CDC) are prediabetic and have significant insulin resistance while another 36 percent have some signs of insulin resistance
- Diabetes has increased by over 500 percent in the last 50 years or so and now affects 8 percent of the population.
Could insulin resistance explain your weight gain?
What really causes your weight gain?
STOP Blaming The Victim For Obesity
3 things wrong with our diet | How insulin resistance causes weight gain? | Causes of weight gain | Skin tags and insulin resistance | Sugar rush and crash | Causes of weight gain | Weight loss information
Is low vitamin D due to unhealthy belly fat?
Low vitamin D is due to excess belly fat
An unexpected benefit of taking up something new like physical activity is increased self-confidence and improved self-esteem.
Weight loss tip 3 - Physical activity for weight loss
Causes and consequences of starchy, cereal based diet
'''Are cereal grains humanities double edged sword?'''
3 things wrong with our diet | How insulin resistance causes weight gain? | [Causes of weight gain] | Skin tags and insulin resistance | Sugar rush and crash | Causes of weight gain | Weight loss information
Why exercise alone is useless for weight loss?
'''Role of exercise for weight loss'''
Truth about exercise and weight loss | Why exercise alone does not work | Time article on exercise and weight loss | Bally’s fitness | For weight loss, less exercise may be more | Exercise and weight loss video
You can aim for about 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity each week.Consider any sport of your choice such as the following:
• playing a sport, such as badminton, football or bowls
• stretching exercise, e.g. yoga
• Before going to the gym, consider medical advice before beginning physical activity.
Tips for increasing physical activity
- Use a bicycle or walk part, if not all, of your journey to work whenever possible.
- Try to park further away from your place.
- Consider workout at work before or after work or at lunch break.
- Go for a walk with a friend or family member
Weight loss tip 4 - stop blaming the victim for weight gain
Although most people jump to easy conclusions and intentionally or unintentionally blame the victim, it is often not intentional on the part of the person gaining weight.
What went wrong with our diet?
Instead of blaming the victim for obesity, or yourself for obesity, it is important to understand what drives the weight gain, such as insulin resistance that affects up to 71 percent of the entire population out of which 35 percent already have metabolic syndrome.
With over 20,000 books written on this topic with so much misleading information, let a trained practicing weight loss physician, Dr Prab R. Tumpati,MD educate you on the true science and art of obesity medicine.
Why the food pyramid failed?
Metabolic starvation in the obese
Most people that gain weight are not on a mission to gain weight intentionally. It is the paradoxical metabolic starvation that happens in the obese due to insulin resistance with a compensatory increase in the anabolic hormone called insulin that drives weight gain, hunger and metabolic starvation leading to food cravings, and weight gain!
3 things wrong with our diet | How insulin resistance causes weight gain? | Causes of weight gain | Skin tags and insulin resistance | Sugar rush and crash | How to lose weight? | Weight loss information
Ted Talks: Why blaming the obese is blaming the victim?
'''Stop blaming the victim for Obesity'''
Weight loss tip 5 - Understand the role of Very low calorie diet
No matter what the program is called and where in the world the weight loss program is located, almost all weight loss programs have to have either a very low calorie diet or low calorie diet to help with weight loss.
Weight loss tip 6 - Set a realistic weight loss goal
Setting a weight loss goal keeps you focussed and motivated. However, do not set too large a weight loss goal - start with a goal of about 10-20 percent of your current body weight.
Weight loss tip 7 - Understand the role of medications
Consult with a trained and experienced weight loss physician that can determine if one or more of the various weight loss pills such as Qsymia, Belviw, Phentermine, Phendimetrazine might be appropriate for you.
Weight loss medications
In 2012, the FDA approved two new weight loss medications Qsymia and Belviq after years of rejecting many other weight loss medications. There are other traditional and time tested weight loss medications such as Phentermine, Phendimetrazine etc.
What works and what does not for losing weight?
Medications for weight loss (diet pills) reviewed!
Weight loss tip 9 - Start the day right
Starting the day right with a protein based breakfast will reduce the commonly seen sugar rush and crash associated with starchy breakfast items, and as protein lasts longer, you feel fuller for longer. Starting the day with eggs in various forms can be a great way to start the day - the cholesterol in the eggs is not a major concern as eggs have beneficial lecithin that can mitigate the effects of cholesterol. If you are still concerned, you can eliminate the yellow portion of the egg and just have the protein by having the egg whites.
Weight loss tip 10 - never eat until full, only until satisfied
Eating a larger portion can expand the stomach and lead to overeating in the long run. In fact, most obese people skip a lot of meals but eat one or two very large meals.
Weight loss tip 11 - check glycemic index of all foods
Weight loss tip 12 - take a break in the meal
If eat only half the meal and take a break, and say, I will come back to it, it reduces the chances of overeating.
Weight loss tip 13 - Keep on eye on the portions
Studies have shown that bigger plates and portions leads to more calorie intake.
Weight loss tip 14 - Do not eat before going to bed
Aim for about 4 hours from the time of eating to the time of sleep.
Weight loss tip 15 - Limit cereal grains in the diet
Humans have evolved as hunters and gatherers and therefore, do not have enough genetic adaptation for using the nutritionally poor cereal grains which can also lead to autoimmune diseases.
Weight loss tip 16 - Reduce eating out
We tend to consume up to 40 percent more calories while eating out compared to eating home meals.
Weight loss tip 17 - Watch alcohol intake
At 7 calories per gram, alcohol is as loaded in calories as fat and is considered empty calories.
Weight loss tip 18 - Sleep better
2632 E 21st Street Ste L2 Brooklyn New York 11235.
W8MD's insurance weight loss program
W8MD can help?
Dr Tumpati is a board certified physician with significant practice experience in managing sleep disorders, internal medicine, aesthetic and obesity medicine. As one of the few physicians that have the privilege of a fellowship training in Obesity Medicine, Dr Tumpati is very passionate about educating the public and physicians about how some of the nutritional concepts were misunderstood. As the founder of W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep and MedSpa centers, Dr Tumpati is the medical director for the New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania locations and commutes weekly between the locations.
Weight loss tip 19 - Avoid unhealthy snacks
If you were to snack between the meals, go for low calorie, protein based, fiber based foods such as fruits, nuts, vegetables etc.
Weight loss tip 20 - Work with a trained weight loss doctor
the World Health Organization, and the American Medical Association recognize being overweight or obese as a medical condition and not a personal weakness. The good news is that insurances in the United States are mandated to cover for weight loss, thanks to the 2010 Affordable Care Act.
Articles on Weight loss com
|Govt. policies / Guidelines|
Media articles Weight loss com
|Patient Resources / Community|
Evidence Based Medicine
|Healthcare Provider Resources|
|News on Weight loss com|
Definition of Weight loss com
|Flickr on Weight loss com|
Books on the topic
|Facebook posts Weight loss com|
Continuing medical education (CME)
|Tweets about Weight loss com|
|Pintest on Weight loss com||Commentary & #Weight loss com|
World's largest food, health, weight loss, wellnesspedia and encyclopedia
If you are a medical professional or an expert in any field of medicine, please join us in building the world's largest weight loss and wellness encyclopedia created by experts in the field, not by the crowd. WikiMD is sponsored by W8MD weight loss, sleep and medical aesthetic centers
W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & Medical Aesthetic Centers
Since its inception in 2011, W8MD’s insurance physician weight loss program has successfully helped thousands of patients succeed in not only losing weight but also keep it off with an ongoing maintenance plan.
FANTASTIC PROGRAM. TRULY A LIFE CHANGER. D.M. LOST 100 LBS^^
^^Individual results may vary.
W8MD weight loss, sleep and medical spa blogs
Support our sponsors
W8MD weight loss, sleep and medspa centers sponsors WikiMD.
W8MD's Locations for losing weight, sleeping better and looking your best
King of Prussia
Other W8MD blogs
Need help losing weight?
W8MD's 52 weeks of weight loss videos - w8md weight loss diet
Weight loss services