Weight loss management
Steps in choosing the right weight loss program
- How does the weight loss program actually work?
- Who supervises the weight loss program?
- What are the credentials of the weight loss program's staff?
- Is the program supervised by a trained obesity medicine or weight loss physician?
- Did the physician pass a board examination in the field of obesity medicine?
- Does the program accept health insurance?
- Does the weight loss program offer Very low calorie diet (VLCD) or Low calorie diet?
- Does the program focus on diet, exercise or a combination of both?
- Does the weight loss program offer appetite suppressants or diet pills to suppress appetite when appropriate?
- How much does the weight loss program or service cost?
- Does the program have before and after weight loss pictures?
- Does the weight loss program have any testimonials?
- How often do I see the weight loss professional?
- Does the program offer written instructions on diet?
- Does the program correct any underlying causes for weight gain?
- What are the expected side effects of the weight loss program?
- What type of follow up plan does the weight loss management program offer for keeping the weight off?
Stop blaming the victim or yourself for obesity
If you understand the true causes of weight gain, such as insulin resistance, that in fact is one of the most common reason why people gain weight, and how the body's compensation to this issue of insulin resistance leads to metabolic starvation, you would realize that blaming the victim does not help and can even be harmful for losing weight.
What went wrong with our diet?
Instead of blaming the victim for obesity, or yourself for obesity, it is important to understand what drives the weight gain, such as insulin resistance that affects up to 71 percent of the entire population out of which 35 percent already have metabolic syndrome.
With over 20,000 books written on this topic with so much misleading information, let a trained practicing weight loss physician, Dr Prab R. Tumpati,MD educate you on the true science and art of obesity medicine.
Why the food pyramid failed?
Metabolic starvation in the obese
Most people that gain weight are not on a mission to gain weight intentionally. It is the paradoxical metabolic starvation that happens in the obese due to insulin resistance with a compensatory increase in the anabolic hormone called insulin that drives weight gain, hunger and metabolic starvation leading to food cravings, and weight gain!
3 things wrong with our diet | How insulin resistance causes weight gain? | Causes of weight gain | Skin tags and insulin resistance | Sugar rush and crash | How to lose weight? | Weight loss information
Ted Talks: Why blaming the obese is blaming the victim?
'''Stop blaming the victim for Obesity'''
Insurance coverage for obesity in the United States
After the passage of the Affordable Care Act, popularly known as Obamacare, health insurance companies are now required to provide coverage for obesity as it is considered a preventable health problem. Although most non-surgical weight loss programs in the United States do not accept health insurance, there are a few exceptions such as the [W8MD medical weight loss centers of America] that do accept health insurance for the weight loss physician visits.
Start with knowing your Body Mass Index
Most people do not know where to start to lose weight. Starting with the following two things are the key.
Understand the 5 proven measures to lose weight
What works for weigh loss?
'''W8MD's 52 weeks of weight loss videos - 5 proven measures to lose weight'''
3 things wrong with our diet | How insulin resistance causes weight gain? | Causes of weight gain | Skin tags and insulin resistance | Sugar rush and crash | Causes of weight gain | Weight loss information
Sleep disorders and weigh gain?
'''Role of sleep disorders and weight gain'''
Philadelphia sleep and weight loss center | New York City sleep and weight loss center | King of Prussia sleep and weight loss center | Exton, PA sleep and weight loss center | Exercise and weight loss video
- Weight loss
- Insulin resistance
- Metabolic syndrome
- Body mass index
- Cardiovascular disease
- Childhood obesity
- Weight gain
- Weight loss articles
- Physical activity
World's largest food, health, wellness and weight loss encyclopedia
If you are a medical professional or an expert in any field of medicine, please join us in building the world's largest weight loss and wellness encyclopedia created by experts in the field, not by the crowd.
Support our sponsors
Locations for losing weight and sleeping better
North East Philadelphia
King of Prussia
Weight loss services
Need help losing weight?
'''W8MD's 52 weeks of weight loss videos - w8md diet'''
|Health science - Medicine|
|Anesthesiology - Dermatology - Emergency Medicine - General practice - Intensive care medicine - Internal medicine - Neurology - Obstetrics & Gynecology - Pediatrics - Podiatry - Public Health & Occupational Medicine - Psychiatry - Radiology - Surgery|
|Branches of Internal medicine|
|Cardiology - Endocrinology - Gastroenterology - Hematology - Infectious diseases - Nephrology - Oncology - Pulmonology - Rheumatology|
|Branches of Surgery|
|General surgery - Cardiothoracic surgery - Neurosurgery - Ophthalmology - Orthopedic surgery - Otolaryngology (ENT) - Plastic surgery - Podiatric surgery - Urology - Vascular surgery|