Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Up to 71% of Americans are insulin resistant leading to weight gain in the belly and upper part of the body.
- 35 percent of all Americans have metabolic syndrome or prediabetes.
- The estimated annual medical cost of obesity in the United States was $147 billion in 2008 US dollars; the medical cost for people who have obesity was $1,429 higher than those of normal weight according to the Centers for Disease Control(CDC)
Facts about human body
Amazing facts about human body
- The human body contains 30 000 billion red blood cells. The human body is estimated to have 60,000 miles of blood vessels.
- The human heart beats 30 million times a year.
- You have no sense of smell when you're sleeping.
- You burn more calories while sleeping than you do when watching television.