Acanthosis nigricans literally means thickening or darkening of the skin.
It is often seen in the neck, axilla, groin, and abdomen. In darker tanned individuals, Acanthosis nigricans can present as darker lines, patches, or skin tags, black spots on the face and neck etc.
- 1 Causes of Acanthosis
- 2 Skin tags, acanthosis and insulin resistance
- 3 What’s causing your weight gain? - Acanthosis nigricans
- 4 Could insulin resistance explain your weight gain?
- 5 What really causes your weight gain?
- 6 STOP Blaming The Victim For Obesity
- 7 Is low vitamin D due to unhealthy belly fat?
- 8 Pictures of Acanthosis
- 9 More pictures of Acanthosis Nigricans
- 10 Need help losing weight?
- 11 Follow weight loss and wellness on social media
Causes of Acanthosis
Skin tags are actually one of the commonly associated conditions with Acanthosis. According to Dr. Prab R. Tumpati, MD, skin tags, and acanthosis are early signs of the body compensating to the process called insulin resistance that causes excess weight gain in the tummy and upper part of the body.
What’s causing your weight gain? - Acanthosis nigricans
- Up to 70 percent of the population in the United States deals with being overweight or obese
- 35 percent of all adults, according to Centers for Disease Control (CDC) are prediabetic and have significant insulin resistance while another 36 percent have some signs of insulin resistance
- Diabetes has increased by over 500 percent in the last 50 years or so and now affects 8 percent of the population.
Could insulin resistance explain your weight gain?
What really causes your weight gain?
STOP Blaming The Victim For Obesity
Is low vitamin D due to unhealthy belly fat?
Pictures of Acanthosis
More pictures of Acanthosis Nigricans
W8MD weight loss, sleep and medspa centers
King of Prussia
Other weight loss blogs
W8MD's tele-weight loss - Call (718)946-5500 (NY, NJ) or (215)676-2334 for PA.
I would most definitely recommend to go to here. They are very nice helpful and know what they are doing and talking about, I can see that the doctor has experience for sure. - A patient.
Need help losing weight?
Weight loss services