What is Crizanlizumab-tmca?
It is a monoclonal antibody medication developed by Novartis targeted towards P-selectin
What are the uses of this medicine?
How does this medicine work?
Crizanlizumab is a humanized IgG2 kappa monoclonal antibody that binds to P-selectin and blocks interactions with its ligands including P-selectin glycoprotein ligand 1
Who Should Not Use this medicine?
Is this medicine FDA approved?
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved crizanlizumab
How should this medicine be used?
should be prepared and administered by a healthcare professional.
- Administer ADAKVEO diluted solution by intravenous infusion over a period of 30 minutes through an intravenous line, which must contain a sterile, nonpyrogenic 0.2 micron inline filter.
- No incompatibilities have been observed between ADAKVEO and infusion sets composed of PVC, polyethylene (PE-lined PVC), polyurethane (PU), and in-line filter membranes composed of polyethersulfone (PES, neutral and positively charged), positively charged polyamide (PA), and polysulphone (PSU).
- Do not mix or coadminister with other drugs through the same intravenous line.
- After administration of ADAKVEO, flush the line with at least 25 mL of 0.9% Sodium Chloride or 5% Dextrose Injection.
What are the dosage forms and brand names of this medicine?
- Brand name: ADAKVEO
- Injection: 100 mg/10 mL (10 mg/mL) as a clear to opalescent, colorless to slightly brownish-yellow solution in a single-dose vial.
- Administer ADAKVEO 5 mg/kg by intravenous infusion over a period of 30 minutes at Week 0, Week 2, and every 4 weeks thereafter.
What should i do if i miss a dose?
- consult your doctor and inform them
For health care professionals:
- If a dose is missed, administer ADAKVEO as soon as possible.
- If ADAKVEO is administered within 2 weeks after the missed dose, continue dosing according to the patient's original schedule.
- If ADAKVEO is administered more than 2 weeks after the missed dose, continue dosing every 4 weeks thereafter.
- ADAKVEO may be given with or without hydroxyurea.
What side effects can this medication cause?
What special precautions should I follow?
- Monitor patients for signs and symptoms of infusion-related reactions, which may include :
- Discontinue ADAKVEO infusion for severe reactions and institute appropriate medical care.
What to do in case of emergency/overdose?
Since crizanlizumab is given by a healthcare professional in a medical setting, an overdose is unlikely to occur
Can this medicine be used in pregnancy?
- Based on data from animal studies, ADAKVEO has the potential to cause fetal harm when administered to a pregnant woman
- ADAKVEO should only be used during pregnancy if the expected benefit to the patient justifies the potential risk to the fetus
Can this medicine be used in children?
- can be used in children above 16 years
- safety and efficacy below 16 years is not been established
What should I know about storage and disposal of this medication?
- The single-dose vial has a rubber stopper and an aluminum cap with a plastic flip-off disk. Each 10 mL vial is made of Type 1 glass.
- Store and transport refrigerated at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F) in the original carton to protect from light.
- Do not shake. Do not freeze.
Cost and Coupons - Crizanlizumab-tmca
- GoodRx compare cost & coupons for Crizanlizumab-tmca
- Find the lowest cost of Crizanlizumab-tmca
- Search for Coupons for Crizanlizumab-tmca
Reviews for Crizanlizumab-tmca
Learn more about Crizanlizumab-tmca
- Dailymed label info
- Scientific articles
- Drug portal Crizanlizumab-tmca
- toxicity info on Crizanlizumab-tmca
- FDA Crizanlizumab-tmca