- Saturated fatty acids:
- Unsaturated fatty acids:
Fatty acids vs triglycerides
As shown above, the composition of fats in milk is usually discussed in terms of the fatty acids. Fatty acids do not occur as such in milk (and rarely in any food). Instead, they are incorporated into compounds called triglycerides.
- Frozen desserts
- Butter (including whipped butter) contains at least 80% fat
- National Research Council, 1976, online edition Fat Content and Composition of Animal Products, Printing and Publishing Office, National Academy of Science, Washington, D.C., ISBN 0-309-02440-4; p. 203
- The quote values vary by 1-3% according to the source: Rolf Jost "Milk and Dairy Products" Ullmann's Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, 2002. doi:10.1002/14356007.a16_589.pub3
- United States Department of Agriculture Agricultural Marketing Service
- USDA Commercial Item Description: Milks, Fluid (2001).
- USDA Specifications for Cream Cheese, Cream Cheese with other Foods, and Related Products (1994).
- United States Department of Agriculture Standard for Ice Cream (1977).
- USDA Commercial Item Description: Cream, Eggnog, Half-and-half, and Sour Cream (2002).
Calories and Nutritional Information of Foods
- Encyclopedia of nutrition
- Calorie Finder - Look for high protein, high fiber, and low calorie foods!!
- Nutrition Database - Comprehensive list of foods with their nutritional values & glycemic load, organized A-Z.
- Glycemic Index of Foods - Database of Glycemic index values of foods organized A-Z.
- Protein rich foods list
Glossary of healthy eating | Nutritional value of foods: UK Foods | US Foods | Dietary Supplements | Nutrition values of foods | Nutrition lookup (USDA) Portions of content adapted from Wikipedias article on Butterfat licensed under GNU FDL.