COVID Treatment update: Bamlanivimab
is a monoclonal antibody
that recieved emergency use authorization
from the US FDA on November 9th, to be used in the treatment of COVID-19
. Learn more
Wiki is the way to go for Medicine
According to Peter Frishauf, founder of Medscape, something like Wikipedia For Medicine is The Future!
"For readers, Wikipedia is a win.
- In traditional publishing, readers must wade through many articles on a subject, each written by a few experts, published at 1 moment in time.
- In Wikipedia you read 1 living article written by many, continually updated by many.
- Who needs 50 articles on avian flu when 1 will do? And Wikipedia content is often the best on the Web, which means the best anywhere.
- For writers, Wikipedia offers neither authorship, recognition, reward, nor punishment.
- Articles aren't indexed, but with Google and Yahoo!, who needs it?
- The motivation for writing is love of information and a desire to share it. I say a variant of Wikipedia for medicine is the future -- and it's good."
The vision of WikiMD is exactly that! I.e. To be a comprehensive and free source of medical information for all with articles on everything related to medicine and linking everything related to health on the internet. Join us in this unique effort and contribute to wikiMD.
Gray's Anatomy | Usmle Step 3 CCS cases | Step3CCS | Asters Notes I |CSA&CS | Usmle Step1 | Free Medical Resources | Lipitor
In the news
- Ewing sarcoma is a type of tumor that forms in bone or soft tissue.
- Undifferentiated round cell sarcoma may also occur in the bone or soft tissue.
- Signs and symptoms of Ewing sarcoma include swelling and pain near the tumor.
- Tests that examine the bone and soft tissue are used to diagnose and stage Ewing sarcoma.
- A biopsy is done to diagnose Ewing sarcoma. Learn more...