Alarming graph on COVID-19 Vitamin D deficiency
Wondering what vitamins, and supplements to take to boost your immunity during the pandemic?
Did you know that vitamins such as vitamin D3 and Vitamin C play an important your body's ability to fight infections including respiratory infections? A recent meta-analysis that included 11,321 people from 14 countries demonstrated that supplementing with vitamin D decreased the risk of acute respiratory infections (ARI) in both those who were deficient in vitamin D and those with adequate levels.
Vitamin D supplements have also been shown to reduce mortality in older adults, who are most at risk for developing respiratory illnesses like coronavirus infections Learn more.
Diet and Nutrition
Keto friendly dinners - salmon
ketogenic diet is a high-fat adequate-protein low-carbohydrate diet. A ketogenic diet is a popular lifestyle for many dieters trying to lose weight or to live a low carbohydrate load diet. Learn more...
- Pain the back or back pain, is a common health problem affecting 8 out of 10 people at some point during their lives.
- Back pain can range from a dull, constant ache to a sudden, sharp pain.
- Acute back pain comes on suddenly and usually lasts from a few days to a few weeks.
- Back pain is called chronic if it lasts for more than three months.
- Most back pain goes away on its own, though it may take awhile.
- Taking over-the-counter pain relievers and resting can help.
- Treatment for back pain depends on what kind of pain you have, and what is causing it.
- It may include hot or cold packs, exercise, medicines, injections, complementary treatments, and sometimes surgery.
- Learn more
Wiki is the way to go for Medicine
According to Peter Frishauf, founder of Medscape, something like Wikipedia For Medicine is The Future!
"For readers, Wikipedia is a win.
- In traditional publishing, readers must wade through many articles on a subject, each written by a few experts, published at 1 moment in time.
- In Wikipedia you read 1 living article written by many, continually updated by many.
- Who needs 50 articles on avian flu when 1 will do? And Wikipedia content is often the best on the Web, which means the best anywhere.
- For writers, Wikipedia offers neither authorship, recognition, reward, nor punishment.
- Articles aren't indexed, but with Google and Yahoo!, who needs it?
- The motivation for writing is love of information and a desire to share it. I say a variant of Wikipedia for medicine is the future -- and it's good."
The vision of WikiMD is exactly that! I.e. To be a comprehensive and free source of medical information for all with articles on everything related to medicine and linking everything related to health on the internet. Join us in this unique effort and contribute to wikiMD.
Gray's Anatomy | Usmle Step 3 CCS cases | Step3CCS | Asters Notes I |CSA&CS | Usmle Step1 | Free Medical Resources | Lipitor
Other areas of WikiMD
Overview of Gout
Gout is a kind of arthritis that causes attacks of pain and stiffness in your joints, especially your big toe. Gout is caused by crystals of a substance called uric acid building up in your joints. It can also cause lumps under the skin and kidney stones. Learn more...
Featured disease - Ewing's Sarcoma
- Ewing sarcoma is a type of tumor that forms in bone or soft tissue.
- Undifferentiated round cell sarcoma may also occur in the bone or soft tissue.
- Signs and symptoms of Ewing sarcoma include swelling and pain near the tumor.
- Tests that examine the bone and soft tissue are used to diagnose and stage Ewing sarcoma.
- A biopsy is done to diagnose Ewing sarcoma. Learn more...
The mission of WikiMD is to build a reliable, physician reviewed, free medical resource written in non-medical jargon made available in over 100 languages of the world! As demonstrated by the Coronavirus outbreak, it is vital to provide up to date, reliable and accurate health information to spread awareness and protect the populations of the world. Unlike Wikipedia, we will guarantee that all information is reviewed by a trained and licensed physician as you cannot trust amateurs with your life! Join us in this effort!
Help WikiMD:Join WikiMD as an an editor and help improve the page Main Page or others.