|Look up depression, depress, or depressed in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Depression may refer to:
- Depression (mood), a state of low mood and aversion to activity
- Mood disorders characterized by depression are commonly referred to as simply depression, including:
- Depression (kinesiology), an anatomical term of motion, refers to downward movement, the opposite of elevation
- Depression (physiology), a reduction in a biological variable or the function of an organ
- Central nervous system depression, physiological depression of the central nervous system that can result in loss of consciousness
- Depression (geology), a landform sunken or depressed below the surrounding area
- Depression (weather), an area of low atmospheric pressure characterized by rain and unstable weather
- Depression (economics), a sustained, long-term downturn in economic activity in one or more economies
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Depression.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.