A type of radiation made (or given off) by x-ray procedures, radioactive substances, rays that enter the Earth's atmosphere from outer space, and other sources. At high doses, ionizing radiation increases chemical activity inside cells and can lead to health risks, including cancer.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Have question on Ionizing radiation? Ask in the Question portal.
- FAQ's on Ionizing radiation
- Frequently Asked Questions
Find something you can improve? Join WikiMD as an an editor and help improve this page or others.
- UpToDate on Ionizing radiation
- Medline Plus Ionizing radiation
- Most recent articles on Ionizing radiation
- Most cited articles on Ionizing radiation
- Ongoing Trials on Ionizing radiation