Philadelphia weight loss
- 1 Obesity in Philadelphia
- 2 Causes of obesity Philadelphia
- 3 Obesity trends
- 4 Secret for losing weight
- 5 Weight loss options for weight loss and obesity help Philadelphia
- 6 Very low calorie diet for weight loss in Philadelphia
- 7 What went wrong with our diet?
- 8 Medication options for weight loss Philadelphia
- 9 Exercises for weight loss Philadelphia
- 10 Sleep disorders and weight gain Philadelphia
- 11 Weight loss locations for weight loss Philadelphia
- 12 Weight loss insurances
- 13 Weight loss before and after
- 14 Weight loss success stories
- 15 Sponsors
- 16 Tired of being overweight?
- 17 medical weight loss
Obesity in Philadelphia
City of Philadelphia with over 1.5 million residents, has a significant proportion of its population dealing with being either over weight or obese. According to the Centers for disease control, about 67.9% of mature or adult persons in the town and approximately 41% of youth aged between 6-17 are overweight or obese. Additionally, nearly 70% of youth in North Philadelphia, the majority of whom are Hispanic, or African American or origin, are overweight or obese, which is almost twice the rate of overweight or obese for youth in the United States. Vegetable and fruit consumption is a dispute for inhabitants, with almost 25% of youth and 30% of mature persons getting only one assisting or less per day. Further, roughly 25% of youth do not get maintained physical activity even one time a week.
Causes of obesity Philadelphia
Secret for losing weight
There are many factors that contribute to weight gain in Philadelphia including [insulin resistance], eating behaviors, environment, and genetic factors may have an effect in causing people in Philadelphia to be overweight and obese. Although many tend to oversimplify this and say "calories in, calories out", it is important to realize the true causes of obesity and weight gain. According to Dr. Prab R. Tumpati, MD, founder of W8MD medical weight loss centers of America, the most important cause of obesity in Philadelphia, and other places is their underlying insulin resistance that in turn shapes ones eating habits. Since insulin is a body building hormone, more insulin resistant one is, more compensation happens and insulin being a body building or anabolic hormone, insulin resistance ultimately leads to weight gain, causes metabolic starvation in the obese leading to tummy and upper body weight gain.
Weight loss options for weight loss and obesity help Philadelphia
- What are the options to lose weight fast in Philadelphia?
- How to find the right weight loss program for me in greater Philadelphia?
- What works and what does not for weight loss in Philadelphia?
If any of the above questions sound familiar, you are not alone. Most people looking for a weight loss program in Philadelphia and elsewhere spend a lot of time doing online research on the internet using combination of various searches including "'the best weight loss program'", fastest weight loss program, "safe weight loss program"' etc.
Let us find what really are the options to lose weight in Philadelphia fast and easy using health insurance.
Weight loss options Philadelphia
- Very low calorie diet or VLCD
- Weight loss medications or diet pills
- Physical activity or exercise in combination with VLCD or LCD diet
- Behavior therapy to correct insulin resistance, [[sleep disorders], metabolic syndrome, eating disorders etc.
- Bariatric surgery for a small minority of patients but note that you still need a combination of the above even after surgery
Understand the following 5 proven measures to lose weight fast and easy in Philadelphia
Very low calorie diet for weight loss in Philadelphia
What is a Very low calorie diet for losing weight? A very low calorie or VLCD diet can be as low as 800 calories but has all the nutrients your body needs in the form of weight loss supplements that help reduce the hunger by providing constant nutrition, each time of only about 100-200 calories, with about 3-5 small meals a day using specially manufactured meal replacement of weight loss supplements such as the w8md VLCD diet Philadelphia.
Cost of VLCD very low calorie diet Philadelphia
While the prices of the very low calorie meal replacements in Philadelphia can vary based on the individual physician weight loss program used, they vary any where from $2.20 at [Costing as little as $2.20 per meal replaced, W8MD medical weight loss centers protein bars, shakes, pasta, smoothies, soups, and other weight loss supplements are not only tasty but also can be cheaper than the cost of the ingredients for many home made foods. In fact, according to the research from our manufacturer, a person on VLCD diet from W8MD can save up to 15% or more on their grocery food bills. w8md physician weight loss center in Philadelphia] to over $5.00 per meal replaced.
These weight loss supplements can be in the form of low calorie protein bars, protein shakes, pasta, weight loss smoothies, soups, and other weight loss supplements. While they only have as few as 100-160 calories, they do provide the important nutrients that body needs. They are not only tasty but also can be cheaper than the cost of the ingredients for many home made foods. Considering there is a cost of regular food even if prepared at home, there could even be a small saving on the overall monthly grocery food bills even after adding the cost of these weight loss meal replacements in Philadelphia. For example, in one research study, there was a 15% cost saving on grocery food costs when using these very low calorie diet supplements.
What went wrong with our diet?
Instead of blaming the victim for obesity, or yourself for obesity, it is important to understand what drives the weight gain, such as insulin resistance that affects up to 71 percent of the entire population out of which 35 percent already have metabolic syndrome.
With over 20,000 books written on this topic with so much misleading information, let a trained practicing weight loss physician, Dr Prab R. Tumpati,MD educate you on the true science and art of obesity medicine.
Why the food pyramid failed?
Metabolic starvation in the obese
Most people that gain weight are not on a mission to gain weight intentionally. It is the paradoxical metabolic starvation that happens in the obese due to insulin resistance with a compensatory increase in the anabolic hormone called insulin that drives weight gain, hunger and metabolic starvation leading to food cravings, and weight gain!
Ted Talks: Why blaming the obese is blaming the victim?
Medication options for weight loss Philadelphia
There are many weight loss medications to help suppress appetite, reduce food cravings and help you lose weight in Philadelphia. Here is a list of weight loss medications or diet pills for losing weight in Philadelphia.
- Orlistat for weight loss in Philadelphia
- Lorcaserin (Belviq) for weight loss in Philadelphia
- Sibutramine to lose weight in Philadelphia
- Rimonabant for appetite suppression Philadelphia
- Metformin for weight loss and blood sugar control
- Exenatide for weight loss and diabetes control
- Pramlintide for losing weight and diabetes
- Phentermine/topiramate (Qsymia), the best weight loss combination medication for fast weight loss
- Phentermine, Topiramate for weight loss.
Exercises for weight loss Philadelphia
It may be a bit shocking for some, but well established research shows that exercising for weight loss on its own is useless as exercise stimulates appetite, and builds heavier muscle. In fact, this is so well established a fact that it is a board examination questions in obesity medicine, reported on Time Magazine,New York Times and even admitted by Bally's Fitness on their website. However, exercise, in combination with a Very low calorie diet or Low calorie diet does help.
Sleep disorders and weight gain Philadelphia
Did you know lack of proper sleep can lead to weight gain and sleep disorders in turn lead to weight gain, thus setting in vicious cycle? The bidirectional relationship between sleep disorders and metabolic disorders are so well established that the American Academy of Sleep Medicine recommends addressing these two inter-related disorders together. Poly-Tech sleep and W8MD medical weight loss centers with many locations in Philadelphia address both sleep disorders and obesity together so you can lose weight, sleep better and even live longer!
Weight loss locations for weight loss Philadelphia
Weight loss insurances
Although most weight loss programs in greater Philadelphia do not accept health insurance for physician supervised medical weight loss, W8MD medical weight loss programs do accept health insurance for fast physician supervised medical weight loss in Philadelphia.
Here is a partial list of insurances accepted for losing weight in Philadelphia area.
- American Postal Workers Union weight loss Philadelphia
- Americhoice for losing weight in Philadelphia
- Amerihealth Administrator weight loss Philadelphia
- Amerihealth HMO&PPO for losing weight in Philadelphia
- Beech Street weight loss Philadelphia
- Highmark BC/BS Affiliates for losing weight in Philadelphia
- Horizon BC/BS Affiliates weight loss Philadelphia
- Independence BC/BS Affiliates for losing weight in Philadelphia
- BRAVO weight loss Philadelphia
- CIGNA-PA/DE for losing weight in Philadelphia
- GREATWEST-One Health Plan of PA weight loss Philadelphia
- Keystone Health Plan East for losing weight in Philadelphia
- Keystone 65 weight loss Philadelphia
- Keystone Mercy for losing weight in Philadelphia
- Medicare weight loss Philadelphia
- Multiplan, Inc for losing weight in Philadelphia
- Medicaid/ Medical Assistance – PA weight loss Philadelphia
- Prudential Healthcare System for losing weight in Philadelphia
- Teamster Health & Welfare Fund weight loss Philadelphia
- Tricare for losing weight in Philadelphia
- Personal Choice weight loss Philadelphia
Weight loss before and after
Weight loss success stories
Tired of being overweight?
W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & Medspa Pennsylvania
2632 E 21st Street Ste L2 Brooklyn New York 11235. Call 718-946-5500
New Jersey - Coming soon
W8MD can help?
Telemedicine options available.