Red blood cells
Hemoglobin and red blood cells
Red blood cells contain a protein called hemoglobin, which carries oxygen from the lungs to all parts of the body.
CBC blood test
Checking the number of red blood cells in the blood is usually part of a complete blood cell (CBC) test. It may be used to look for conditions such as anemia, dehydration, malnutrition, and leukemia. Also called erythrocyte and RBC.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Have question on Red blood cells? Ask in the Question portal.
- FAQ's on Red blood cells
- Frequently Asked Questions
Find something you can improve? Join WikiMD as an an editor and help improve this page or others.
- UpToDate on Red blood cells
- Medline Plus Red blood cells
- Most recent articles on Red blood cells
- Most cited articles on Red blood cells
- Ongoing Trials on Red blood cells