The term belly fat usually refers to the excess adipose tissue in and around your tummy, especially the fat inside the belly or abdomen called visceral fat considered unhealthy!
- 1 What is the importance of belly fat?
- 2 What’s causing your weight gain?
- 3 Could insulin resistance explain your weight gain?
- 4 What really causes your weight gain?
- 5 STOP Blaming The Victim For Obesity
- 6 Is low vitamin D due to unhealthy belly fat?
- 7 Apple shaped body versus the pear shaped body
- 8 What causes the apple shaped body?
- 9 Waist to hip ratio
- 10 How to lose belly fat
- 11 Tired of being overweight? W8MD can help
- 12 W8MD's insurance weight loss program
- 13 How Can W8MD Help?
- 14 W8MD weight loss, sleep and medspa center locations
What is the importance of belly fat?
What’s causing your weight gain?
- Up to 70 percent of the population in the United States deals with being overweight or obese
- 35 percent of all adults, according to Centers for Disease Control (CDC) are prediabetic and have significant insulin resistance while another 36 percent have some signs of insulin resistance
- Diabetes has increased by over 500 percent in the last 50 years or so and now affects 8 percent of the population.
Could insulin resistance explain your weight gain?
What really causes your weight gain?
STOP Blaming The Victim For Obesity
3 things wrong with our diet | How insulin resistance causes weight gain? | Causes of weight gain | Skin tags and insulin resistance | Sugar rush and crash | Causes of weight gain | Weight loss information
Is low vitamin D due to unhealthy belly fat?
Low vitamin D is due to excess belly fat
Apple shaped body versus the pear shaped body
What causes the apple shaped body?
The body fat redistribution occurs due to the underlying insulin resistance in those that have excess belly fat.
Waist to hip ratio
A large waist circumference of 40 inches or more in the mid section (not pant size) in males, or 35 inches or more in women (lower in Asians) is one of the 5 criteria for Metabolic syndrome. A waist to hip ratio of one or more in men and 0.8 or more in women is considered to increase the risk of cardiovascular disease
How to lose belly fat
It is important to understand the 5 proven measures to lose weight including Very low calorie diet, FDA approved weight loss medications, physical activity, weight loss surgery and correction of underlying causes of weight gain.
- Metabolic syndrome
- Insulin resistance
- Study: belly fat associated with higher risk of cardiovascular disease
- Diet and inflammation
- The Body Weight Simulator
- Metabolic syndrome meter
2632 E 21st Street Ste L2 Brooklyn New York 11235.
W8MD's insurance weight loss program
W8MD can help?
Dr Tumpati is a board certified physician with significant practice experience in managing sleep disorders, internal medicine, aesthetic and obesity medicine. As one of the few physicians that have the privilege of a fellowship training in Obesity Medicine, Dr Tumpati is very passionate about educating the public and physicians about how some of the nutritional concepts were misunderstood. As the founder of W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep and MedSpa centers, Dr Tumpati is the medical director for the New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania locations and commutes weekly between the locations.
How Can W8MD Help?
W8MD’s insurance physician weight loss program is unique in many ways with a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to weight loss that addresses all the complex issues leading to weight gain, both in adults and children. Since its inception in 2011, W8MD has successfully helped thousands of patients succeed in not only losing weight but also keep it off with an ongoing maintenance plan.
Sleep medicine program uses state of the art technology including the convenient home sleep studies or in lab sleep diagnostic studies to diagnose and treat over 80 different sleep disorders including sleep apnea, narcolepsy, restless leg syndrome, insomnia to name a few. Learn more…
Medical aesthetic program offers a wide variety of advanced laser skin treatments including oxygen super facials, photofacials, microneedling, PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) therapy, non-ablative laser skin resurfacing,botox, fillers and aesthetic treatments. The variety of technology and technique, combined with knowledgeable staff, allows doctors to customize treatment plans to each patient. One-size-fits-all procedures are not performed at W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & Aesthetic Centers. Learn more…
IM and IV nutrition therapy includes booster shots for B12, vitamin B complex, Vitamin C, Detox treatments and IV nutrition therapy. Studies have shown that as many as 39% of those taking vitamins on a regular basis in a nursing home setting were not absorbing the same vitamins they are taking by mouth leading to significant deficiencies. Learn more…
W8MD weight loss, sleep and medspa center locations
- NE Philadelphia weight loss, sleep and medspa at 1718 Welsh Road, 2nd Floor, Ste C Philadelphia PA, 19115
- Wayne (King Of Prussia weight loss) at 987 Old Eagle School Road, Building K, Ste 712, Wayne PA 19087
- New York W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & MedSpa, Brooklyn, New York
2632 E 21st Street Ste L2 Brooklyn New York 11235.
- W8MD's NJ weight loss, sleep and medical spa in New Jersey at Cherry Hill, NJ at 140 E. Evesham Road, Cherry Hill, NJ 08003.