Fun facts about Blueberries
- Are you aware that over 200 million pounds of blueberries are produced each year in North America?
- Are you aware that blueberries contain more disease-fighting antioxidants than almost any other fruit or vegetable?
- Are you aware that the blueberry is the second most popular berry in the United States? What do you think the favorite berry is? (Strawberries are our favorite!)
- Are you aware that there are two varieties of blueberries; cultivated, and wild? (Wild blueberries are much smaller than the cultivated ones that we commonly eat fresh. The wild ones are usually sold in cans or as frozen. Wild blueberries also have a chewy, stronger flavor.)
- Are you aware that that there are 1,600 wild blueberries in a pound and 500 cultivated blueberries in a pound?
- Are you aware that blueberries are also available dried? (Dried blueberries make a great healthy snack! They can be used in recipes, just as you would use raisins.)
- Are you aware that that if you dust fresh blueberries with flour, just before you add them to a batter that they will not sink to the bottom of the pan?
|Fiber, total dietary||2.4 g|
|Calcium, Ca||6 mg|
|Iron, Fe||0.28 mg|
|Vitamin A, IU||54 IU|
|Vitamin C, total ascorbic acid||9.7 mg|
|Total lipid (fat)||0.33 g|
|Carbohydrate, by difference||14.49 g|
|Sugars, total including NLEA||9.96 g|
|Sodium, Na||1 mg|
|Fatty acids, total saturated||0.028 g|
Nutritional information on Blueberries
|Food Portal | Food | Nutrition | Diet | Keto | Glycemic index|
NB:Carbohydrate, by difference(total carbs-fiber) is also called net carbs