The sodium salt form of warfarin, a coumarin and a vitamin K antagonist, with anticoagulant activity. Warfarin sodium inhibits both vitamin K and vitamin K epoxide reductases, thereby interfering with the cyclic interconversion of vitamin K epoxide to its reduced form, vitamin KH2. Vitamin KH2 is a cofactor for the carboxylation of glutamate residues on the N-terminal regions of vitamin K-dependent proteins. As a result, maturation of vitamin K-dependent coagulation factors II, VII, IX, and X and anticoagulant proteins C and S is inhibited. Without these coagulation factors, thrombogenesis and blood clot formation are prevented.
Cost and Coupons - Warfarin sodium
- sodium GoodRx compare cost & coupons for Warfarin sodium
- Find the lowest cost of Warfarin sodium
- Search for Coupons for Warfarin sodium
Reviews for Warfarin sodium
Articles on Warfarin sodium
- UpToDate on Warfarin sodium
- NIH NLH drug info on Warfarin sodium
- Read Wikipedia's article on Warfarin sodium
Learn more about Warfarin sodium
- Dailymed label info on Warfarin sodium
- Scientific articles on Warfarin sodium
- Images for Warfarin sodium
Find something you can improve? Join WikiMD as an an editor and help improve this page or others.