Very low calorie diet
A very low-calorie diet (VLCD) is a special type of low calorie diet that replaces all of your meals with prepared formulas, often in the form of liquid protein weight loss shakes, bars and other low calorie [w8md.com/weight-loss-centers/diet-weight-loss-doctor/tag/vlcd-diet/ weight loss supplements].
A VLCD may be used for a short time to promote quick weight loss and requires close care from a weight loss doctor and is usually combined with other ways to lose weight.
- 1 800 calorie diet
- 2 1000 calorie LCD diet
- 3 What are the 5 proven measures to lose weight?
- 4 Rate of weight loss with VLCD diet
- 5 Physicians that offer VLCD diets
- 6 Side effects of VLCD diet
- 7 Locations for VLCD diet
- 8 Cost of VLCD diet
- 9 Need help losing weight?
- 10 Follow weight loss and wellness on social media
800 calorie diet
If the calories are down to about 800 calories using the weight loss supplements, it is called Very Low Calorie Diet.
1000 calorie LCD diet
If the calories are a bit higher at 1000 calories or more but still significantly lower than the daily calorie requirements for that person, then it is called a low calorie diet or LCD diet.
What are the 5 proven measures to lose weight?
Obesity is treated with the following [www.youtube.com/watch?v=08oa8jWPeBA 5 proven measures to lose weight].
- A diet low in calories such as the Very low calorie diet VLCD or low calorie diet also called LCD diet of 800-1200 calories
- Increased physical activity in combination with a VLCD or LCD diet (As exercise alone is useless for weight loss)
- Behavior therapy to correct any underlying eating disorders and correction of metabolic factors such as insulin resistance
- Prescription medications or weight loss pills such as Phendimetrazine, Qsymia, Belviq, Phentermine, Topiramate etc.
- Weight loss surgery for those that qualify although you still need a behavior program for long term weight loss success.
Rate of weight loss with VLCD diet
VLCD can help you lose up to 3 to 5 pounds per week.
The rapid weight loss on a VLCD diet does need careful physician monitoring but can be very inspiring.
Physicians that offer VLCD diets
Weight loss physicians must monitor all patients on a very low calorie diet on a regular basis, ideally every 2-4 weeks in the initial period of rapid weight loss to ensure and monitor any side effects.
Side effects of VLCD diet
Some patients on VLCD diet may see fatigue, constipation, nausea, or diarrhea. Other commonly seen side effect is the risk of gall stones which tend to develop in people who are obese, especially women the risk of which increases during rapid weight loss. Sodium ursodial (Actigall) can prevent gallstones from forming during rapid weight loss and should be considered in those that are high risk of having gall stones such as the classic female, fertile, forty and fat mneumonic suggests.
Locations for VLCD diet
NYC Insurance Weight Loss Center: 2003, Bath Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11214 Ph: 1-718-946-5500
Philadelphia Insurance Weight Loss Center: 1718, Welsh Rd, Philadelphia, PA, 19115 Ph: 1-215-676-2334
King Of Prussia Weight Loss Center: 987 Old Eagle School Rd, Ste 712, Wayne, PA, 19087 Ph: 1-800-986-3007
W8MD at Optimal Health, 111 High Ridge Rd, Stamford, CT 06905. Ph: 203-348-8805 Fax: 203-348-6398
W8MD at New Path MD, PC. Exton Medical Arts Building 80 West Welsh Pool Road Suite 101S, Exton, PA 19341 Phone: (484) 483-2745
Cost of VLCD diet
The cost of meal replacement is similar to grocery food costs and can in sometimes be even a saving from grocery food costs depending on which program you use for VLCD diet.
Need help losing weight?
Weight loss services