These refined sugars or added sugars are sugars and syrups that are added to foods or beverages when they are processed or prepared and are often high glycemic leading to insulin resistance, weight gain and metabolic syndrome.
This does not include naturally occurring sugars such as those in milk and fruits as they are not considered processed or added.
- 1 What’s causing your weight gain? - Added sugars
- 2 Could insulin resistance explain your weight gain?
- 3 What really causes your weight gain?
- 4 STOP Blaming The Victim For Obesity
- 5 Is low vitamin D due to unhealthy belly fat?
- 6 Examples of added sugars
- 7 Read the label
- 8 Names for added sugars on food labels
- 9 Other names for added sugars
- 10 Need help losing weight?
- 11 Follow weight loss and wellness on social media
- 12 Sponsors
- 13 Tired of being overweight?
- 14 Medical weight loss
What’s causing your weight gain? - Added sugars
- Up to 70 percent of the population in the United States deals with being overweight or obese
- 35 percent of all adults, according to Centers for Disease Control (CDC) are prediabetic and have significant insulin resistance while another 36 percent have some signs of insulin resistance
- Diabetes has increased by over 500 percent in the last 50 years or so and now affects 8 percent of the population.
Could insulin resistance explain your weight gain?
What really causes your weight gain?
STOP Blaming The Victim For Obesity
Is low vitamin D due to unhealthy belly fat?
Examples of added sugars
The major food and beverage sources of added sugars for Americans are:
- regular soft drinks, energy drinks, and sports drinks
- pies and cobblers
- sweet rolls, pastries, and donuts
- fruit drinks, such as fruit punch
- dairy desserts, such as ice cream
Read the label
Reading the food label or list of ingredient label on processed foods can help to identify added sugars.
Names for added sugars on food labels
- anhydrous dextrose
- brown sugar
- confectioner's powdered sugar
- corn syrup
- corn syrup solids
- high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS)
- invert sugar
- malt syrup
- maple syrup
- nectars (e.g., peach nectar, pear nectar)
- pancake syrup
- raw sugar
- white granulated sugar
Other names for added sugars
Some other names include cane juice, evaporated corn sweetener, fruit juice concentrate, crystal dextrose, glucose, liquid fructose, sugar cane juice, and fruit nectar.
W8MD weight loss, sleep and medspa centers
King of Prussia
Other weight loss blogs
W8MD's tele-weight loss - Call (718)946-5500 (NY, NJ) or (215)676-2334 for PA.
I would most definitely recommend to go to here. They are very nice helpful and know what they are doing and talking about, I can see that the doctor has experience for sure. - A patient.
Need help losing weight?
Weight loss services
Tired of being overweight?
W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & Medspa
1718 Welsh Road, 2nd Floor, Ste C Philadelphia PA, 19115
987 Old Eagle School Road, Building K, Ste 712, Wayne PA 19087
2632 E 21st Street Ste L2 Brooklyn New York 11235.
140 E. Evesham Road, Cherry Hill, NJ 08003.
W8MD can help?
Get rid of the pandemic weight
Think W8MD for weight loss.